Front Turn Signal "blink fast"

I'm in the process of switching out the front turn signals on a 06 fz1. Stock wiring is 3 wires and new lights are 2 wire when i connect flasher lead and ground lights blink fast. Connecting the stock back up everything works normal.

Do you just live the fast blink or do i have the wrong type of lights. I don't care if the running lights work, and can live with fast flashing if that's whats to be expected.

any help/advice is much appreciated.

If they are LED blinkers, you will need to change out the flasher. LED lights do not have the same kind of power draw as the stock bulbs and so when installed with present flasher will give the rapid flash to indicate a fault.....

Someone more knowledgeable about electronics will pipe up on the matter if the above is not true.....

with LED lights, there is less resistance. This is what causes the fast blinker flash. You can either get a special blinker for LED applications, or buy a resistor made for LED systems. The route I'd go would be with the resistor... Generally, it's cheaper.

But.. I have LED's up front and I just deal with the faster blinker rate... it doesn't bother me enough to change it.

Here's a link to a DIY fix for the blinkers using parts from RadioShack.
CBRWorld.net - Fix for Fast Blinking LED Turn Signals (by 02_F4i)

Slow it down

I'm in the process of switching out the front turn signals on a 06 fz1. Stock wiring is 3 wires and new lights are 2 wire when i connect flasher lead and ground lights blink fast. Connecting the stock back up everything works normal.

Do you just live the fast blink or do i have the wrong type of lights. I don't care if the running lights work, and can live with fast flashing if that's whats to be expected.

any help/advice is much appreciated.

Try these; http://http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=500

Last edited:
Try using a heavier weight blinker oil.

:)jk:Sorry, I have no idea. I'm an electronic klutz.)

BlinkFluid.jpg

Are you blinkers sluggish? Do they make an annoying ticking noise? Do they not flash fast enough? Here's your solution. Little do people know, factory quality blinker fluid should be changed every 150,000 blinks. Our blinker fluid lasts ten times that. KaleCoAuto high quality synthetic blinker fluid meets the highest DOT standards while not being in the least bit DOT legal! KaleCoAuto blinker fluid provides you with thousands of hours of reliable blinking without the wear and tear on the flash-synchro's that the other blinker fluids cause. KaleCoAuto blinker fluid will not lose its viscosity even in the most extreme situations. Why buy that old dino-blinker fluid, when you can get our unique patented synthetic formula? Satisfaction guaranteed!!

KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items!

BlinkFluid.jpg

Are you blinkers sluggish? Do they make an annoying ticking noise? Do they not flash fast enough? Here's your solution. Little do people know, factory quality blinker fluid should be changed every 150,000 blinks. Our blinker fluid lasts ten times that. KaleCoAuto high quality synthetic blinker fluid meets the highest DOT standards while not being in the least bit DOT legal! KaleCoAuto blinker fluid provides you with thousands of hours of reliable blinking without the wear and tear on the flash-synchro's that the other blinker fluids cause. KaleCoAuto blinker fluid will not lose its viscosity even in the most extreme situations. Why buy that old dino-blinker fluid, when you can get our unique patented synthetic formula? Satisfaction guaranteed!!

KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items!

lolup Thats Great!!

Back