Front/Rear Sprockets and Chain

Mine does this with stock gearing. 1st, 2nd and, if you want to go THAT fast, 3rd... when I hit about 10.5k, the front lifts on its own and that's with Mr. 220+ lbs almost laying on the tank.

Yep, 3rd too. :) And since I've added a few, 235 here. No problem. :tup::)

Then why doesn't it pick up for me? Does it need to be around 8k? I like pulling around town in first gear and i try letting off and doing a hard accel at about 4.5k and i get nothing.

Anything below 8k will not lift the front without a lot of clutch action. That is why it isn't coming up. Take the bike up to the limits but hold on and do it in a place where there's no curves, no traffic. Once you experience it.... wow!

The mid-range of these bikes falls flat without a lot of help and even then, it's still going to take 6.5 to 7k to make the magic happen. Below this, the bike is very tame.

I am running -1,+3 now its pretty low, i think the bike runs around 5100 rpm at 60mph. i could be alittle off. the bike tops out at 142mph/on a gps. i had a cheap ebay chain break causing a lot of damage so buy a name brand. i use a ek-zzz it good and strong. i can not say what the gearing is like with stock w/b. I added it with the stretch.

Currently running stock gears (going to 16T front on Friday) but w/ all my other mods, I can lift the front in 2nd gear at 4.5k rpms w/ just a blip of the throttle. Doesn't come way up, but 4-6 inches w/ no issue, not clutch involved.

Bumping a bit .. having trouble choosing between 46T and 47T sprocket. Has anyone tried both?
I have the 16T front and do quite a bit of wheelies

Sent from my private jet

Back