Front end 'bounce'

Dustin

Ok I wanted to run an issue by you guys to see if you had some ideas on what to look at with my 1986 FZ600

I've had the suspension all serviced and the front forks are running a RaceTech .75 spring (stock is .45), new seals & oil and RaceTech emulators. The front tire is brand new as well.

Going down the road, I have this high-frequency 'bounce' from the front end. It sort of feels like I'm riding over Braille all the time.

I've tried adding and removing air from the fork 'preload' air thingie, no difference. Haven't tried anything else just yet but wanted to get some ideas

Thanks!

Last edited:
Ok I wanted to run an issue by you guys to see if you had some ideas on what to look at with my 1986 FZ600

I've had the suspension all serviced and the front forks are running a RaceTech .75 spring (stock is .45), new seals & oil and RaceTech emulators. The front tire is brand new as well.

Going down the road, I have this high-frequency 'bounce' from the front end. It sort of feels like I'm riding over Braille all the time.

I've tried adding and removing air from the fork 'preload' air thingie, no difference. Haven't tried anything else just yet but wanted to get some ideas

Thanks!

You sure it is not just a tire balance issue? Is it more prevelent at certain speeds?

It could be too much compression damping, when set right it should absorb the shocks instead of bouncing or you may have too much spring preload making the forks too stiff.

How many turns did you set the emulators, these control compression damping.

It doesn't seem to make a difference which speed I'm at but I have noticed it's less pronounced when taking load off the front end (acceleration).

I believe the emulators are set in the middle position as per RaceTech's recommendation. There's no spring preload in these forks and they only have a small air preload which has no air in it at the moment.

I will have the front tire balance checked and see from there.

Thanks a lot

Back