Frame Sliders

I am also running the T-Rex sliders. I (fortunately) haven't had to 'test' them out yet, but I agree that they do seem to be the best value - if I remember right.

And as a side note, if you are considering getting their rear spools ... I have a set in anodized red, and they are quite functional. I does however appear that their color has faded ever so slightly, almost surely from time spent in the sun. I don't know how the other colors will fair in the sun - it seems that red is a hard color to get to 'stay true' after sun exposure.

I'm still looking for frame sliders for my Gen1, but I also want something to protect the fairing. Lots of choices for a Gen2, not so much available for Gen1.

I stopped at traffic lights the other day put my left foot down right into a patch of oil. My leg slipped away and over went my bike. The T-Rex sliders saved my bike from any damage the only thing with a mark on it was the slider which was scuffed up on the bottom edge. Well worth the small amount of money I paid for them.

I also have the T-Rex on my Gen II. Only time I've ever done this, but my wife stopped in front of me and I stopped and wanted to grab a quick picture. In my hurry to get off the bike, get the picture and then get back on the road, I somehow forgot to put the kick stand down. :banghead: Over it went. The slider saved me. A little scuff on the slider, and a very minor scuff on the edge of the mirror.

Thanks T-Rex! :tup:

Back