Fork spring replacement.

Delta

Hi guys
I've decided to buy some new front fork springs for my gen 2 fz1. 9.5kg to take my weight over the oem.
Is there any videos on changing the springs?
Is there any special tools needed like a spring compressor or can you do it without one?
Any do's or dont's ?
Any downloads or videos, pictures etc.
Any help or tips would be taken gratefully guys

Thank you

Delta

Last edited:
I haven't been able to find an FZ-1 specific video on spring replacement but I'll be doing one next month for sure, not that your going to wait that long.

Ok thanks for the reply fella.
I've decided to get a full overhaul done by K-tech. New springs fitted bushes and seals and a pro piston kit too.
I'm sending them off on Monday, should take a few days.
Cheers
Delta

Last edited:
No worries. Let us know how it rides after the switch. Cheers!

I will defiantly let you know how it rides after the refit of the new internals from K-tech. I'm hoping they will match the fast road race rear Nitron shock I have. K-tech seem to have a good name and from what I've read they know a lot about suspension and set up. I can't wait to test it out on some fast twisty roads now.

Cheers
Delta

I had the complete write-up with a ton of photos here. All photos were on this site, not linked to any third-party... all the photos are gone! Starting with post #54, I had documented the fork rebuild, tools needed, etc..... *UPDATE* I have Dennis (Admin) on the case to see if it is possible to restore the photo links. Also to fix the Like/Thanks/Disklike features. :D

http://www.998cc.org/forum/suspensi...notebook-w-penske-usd-forks-diy-manual-2.html
I've serviced the Gen2 forks before (2017) and am going to do this in another week or so. Since it's been so long, a re-fresher would be nice before diving in. The link above is not working for me, any chance it (the link and photos) can be re-accessed?

Back