Fitting a tail tidy

7.62fmj

Just puchased an R&G tail tidy....all looks straight forward. Intend to fit it in the next couple of days. Just a quick reccy and I couldn't see the connections for the indicators and plate light. Are these buried in the centre of the bike? If so, it'll be rear end (plastics) off....that can't be right can it?:confused0024:

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance:D

I'm off to Donnington on Sunday for the WSBK....can't wait...s'gonna be gr8.

Connectors for indicators and light are indeed well hidden on the GenII.
The indicator connectors are tucked away left and right next to the plastic box/railing. Follow the wires and the left indicator you can find fairly easy (grey small cilindric connector) together with the tailligtht (big white plug). The right indicator (black small cilindric connector) is hidden underneath a small (not sure what) relaisbox. Unscrew the two small hex-screws and you'll find it underneath, together with the two plastic plugs (black and blue wire) for the licenseplate-light.

I've also ordered me an R&G tailtidy + license platelight. I'll snap some pics before/during/after.

Very helpful. Thank you. Just had another peek. I'm now convinced that the cables are buried in the bulkhead area between the seats. I can see one of the cylindrical connectors but you can't reach it and you certainly can't get a hold of it to pull it apart. Gonna need set aside an hour or two for this operation me thinks:)

They are there.... I actually popped the two rear push-pin plastic rivets (for lack of a better term) and was able to squeeze and lift up the rear of the tool caddy tray. After you follow the wires forward, you can see where they unclip. And yes, you have to take out the relay with the two allen screws that sits under the rail between the rider and pillion seats. The two connectors are there for the right blinker and tail light. Took me about 20 minutes to undo and 5 minutes to put it all back.

Very helpful. Thank you. Just had another peek. I'm now convinced that the cables are buried in the bulkhead area between the seats. I can see one of the cylindrical connectors but you can't reach it and you certainly can't get a hold of it to pull it apart. Gonna need set aside an hour or two for this operation me thinks:)

I grab them hold with long pliers from the main seat, and use a small flat screwdriver to lift the small lip to pull out the male connector

Thanks for your input guys. Job's done but not without it's little issues.

Managed to let one of the washers slide between the plastics during assembly...real bugger to recover....magnets and everything required.

Tip: silicon lube the flexible rubber on the OEM indicators...makes life sooo much easier when re-attaching to the R&G bracket. That bracket is sprung and needs encouragement to fit over the undertray bosses.

Damn licence plate is drilled to perfectly foul the LED plate light....gotta spend another thirty minutes modifying that now.

Looks cool....I'll just get covered in road sh*t now everytime it rains:)

provide pictures....b/c I have a fender eliminator (Gen I) and rained just before going home, and I pretty much stayed dry all the way home...if anything, to see the handiwork!

Adam

I'm now on the same page. guess my fingers are too fat for the tiny iPhone keyboard to know which button I hit...

BTW -- enjoy you WSBK weekend @ Donnington -- I'll definitely hit the race when it comes to the states next year!

the well "stuffed away" connectors underneath passenger seat

100_7272b-1.jpg

tail tidy and LED-light looks great and had some positive remarks from my friends. However...yesterday got myself caught in a rainstorm, and the spray of the rear tire comes high and lands on my back and passenger seat...:shame:

Back