Finally LED headlight bulbs

Received & ib\nstalled the Cree LED H4 headlight bulbs

I chose 5000 Kelven color (pure white), the system is very well made, the light output is good compared to a regular halogen bulb with much whiter light color, the low beam puts light directly in front of the bike while the high beam is not too great but very acceptable with NO stray light like HIDs, HID still produces more light but also has a lot of stray light.
the power consumption is 12.5 watts per bulb so with both on it consumes 25 watts.
the photos are taken with no flash, one headlight with halogen while the other is off then one with LED & the halogen off. two photos are with both headlights on after both LEDs were installed, one photo of the headlights to show the color difference between halogen & LED.

All in all I would say I am 80% happy, wished the high was more focused but with day light riding running on high gets you noticed very nicely, during night time the light output is slightly better than a regular halogen but not like HIDs. I think the headlights will need to be aimed a little higher.

First 4 photos are of one headlight, last two are the two headlights in low & high beams

Time will tell how durable they are, I am sure in the near future they will become cheaper & more powerful

These are what I bought from a California seller but I saw another kit with additional LED at the top to fill in, I think that would be a better choice.

I bought these:
CREE Kit 9003 HB2 H4 Pack of 2 LED Bulbs 25W High Low Replace Head Light 5000 K | eBay

The better choice from china but you have to wait longer for shipping.

2X H4 White 25W 10W Car High Power LED Lamp Head Lights Fog 2000LM DRL CREE 1512 | eBay

Last edited:
Yeah, shouldn't be a problem to aim it a little higher. Looking forward to more developement of these products. Nice white light!

Back