Fender eliminators

I've been looking at the rear fender on the FZ1 and decided it's time to do some work on it to make it a little more fitting for a sport bike. I really didn't want to do a chop job I couldn't reverse. I found the following site that ofers a couple different rear ends.
http://www.1tail.com/sa/cart/detail.asp?pg={B9F16AE0-D8B8-4062-9C98-B7B764D6A66F}

I really like my Targa, Installation was simple and the end result is nice and clean but I did not use the blinkers that came with the kit, I kept my stock ones on there until I found matching front and rear that I liked and put those on.

I didn't know you could use the stock signals with the Targa kit. What did it take to mate the stock units to the Targa plate? I've found four main eliminators for the FZ1 and the Targa is by far the most economical. I would like to use the stock signals because I wat to keep as much stock equipment as possible especially when it comes to the electrical system.

First thing I did was remove the rubber boot off the stock blinker stalk which made them about 1 inch shorter. After you remove the boot there is a small bolt that sticks out of the blinker housing that I used to bolt them right up to the fender eliminator, used the stock electrical plugs, just had to tie up the wiring as moving them up to the F.E. produced some extra length. It's really easy to do and looks pretty good I think. Hard to see in this pic due to the saddlebags but here is the F.E. with the stock blinkers, it's the only photo I could find before I installed the smaller aftermarket blinkers:

GlacierTrip7-08013-1.jpg

Last edited:
Like I said once you remove the rubber sleeve on the blinker stalk it reveals a bolt sticking out of of the housing that I just put through the hole in the fender eliminator and tightened down with a washer and nut, pretty basic, once you get the kit and start installation you can see how easy it is.

Here are some pics:

What it looks like on the bike with my new blinkers:

FE003.jpg

Shot of the mounting to the bike and for the blinkers:

FE004.jpg

And what the blinker looks like after you remove the rubber boot part of the stalk, you can use this bolt with some washers to mount the stock blinkers to the F.E.:

FE007.jpg

I got a werks eliminator kit, there was two too chose from. both a little over
a 100. I went with the more legal looking one. I should have a pic for ya in
a day or so.

I just purchased and installed a fender eliminator from a guy on Ebay. I was able to use my stock blinkers (wanted more visibility). It tucks up real nice right under the rear taillight. It also has the FZ1 logo cut into it. Much cheaper than the other kits I was looking at. About $30 bucks with shipping.

Check out customizedbikeparts on ebay. He has stuff for R1s, FZ6, as well as FZ1. He also has kits and parts for other brands of bikes too.

I do not have photos yet. Will post as soon as I take a couple.

Last edited:
here are a few pics of my rear fender eliminator. Not sure you can see the FZ1 logo cut into it. Got it on ebay from customizedbikeparts.

Cracker - You might want to go to the auto parts store and get some plastic plugs to fill in the other two holes. Water and dirt can get up in there and mess with the electrical. I happened to have a couple left over from repairing the skid plate on my wife's Nissan. They fit perfect. Get the ones that just have the flexible ribs on side. Don't get hard rivet style. :)

Back