Extremetech Suspension

Just curious.....what is the advantage of an aftermarket suspension. Is it more of an adjustable range?

More adjustable but also, bought from a company that will set it up for both your weight and riding style. I bought the Penske 8983 from Traxxion and they pretty much nailed the setup out of the box. Outside of setting my static sag, I've not actually adjusted the settings at all.

The FZ1 OEM rear shock is factory sprung for an average 150 lb person (Clearly not for American's! HAHAHAHA!!!!) So, it is likely that the rear is too soft if the rider is much over this weight with gear.

I can tell you that mine is a night and day difference Justin. Worth every penny!

More adjustable but also, bought from a company that will set it up for both your weight and riding style. I bought the Penske 8983 from Traxxion and they pretty much nailed the setup out of the box. Outside of setting my static sag, I've not actually adjusted the settings at all.

The FZ1 OEM rear shock is factory sprung for an average 150 lb person (Clearly not for American's! HAHAHAHA!!!!) So, it is likely that the rear is too soft if the rider is much over this weight with gear.

I can tell you that mine is a night and day difference Justin. Worth every penny!

Ah, ok. I am not too far from the mentioned weight...suspension never felt strange to me. I wonder if that is the average weight where the bikes are manufactured. Thanks for the answer, Eric.

just to add on, the adjustable of aftermarket shocks are more defined and detailed as compared to the stock unit.

imagine a bar with 15 units of adjustments, spec-ed for a wide range of riders.

and compared it with a bar with >15 units of adjustments, spec-ed to your weight and riding styles.

it definitely offers better adjustments, not to forget that the valvings are done differently too.

Back