Ever wonder how fast your bike really is?

Race the Runway | Smiths Falls Russ Beach Airport – August 25, 2012 www.racetherunway.com

I have never been to this event, but sure will check it out this year! Basically, you plunk down your $160 entry fee, pre regristration only, proceeds to charity, and you get 3 chances, on radar, to run your balls off down an airport runway and get radared to see what she'll run. I have emailed the organizers and am awaiting response re: technical requirements.

Standard Disclaimer: I am not associated in any way with this event and do not stand to gain financially or otherwise by promoting this event.

Race the Runway | Smiths Falls Russ Beach Airport – August 25, 2012 Race the Runway | Smiths Falls Russ Beach Airport – August 25, 2012

I have never been to this event, but sure will check it out this year! Basically, you plunk down your $160 entry fee, pre regristration only, proceeds to charity, and you get 3 chances, on radar, to run your balls off down an airport runway and get radared to see what she'll run. I have emailed the organizers and am awaiting response re: technical requirements.

Standard Disclaimer: I am not associated in any way with this event and do not stand to gain financially or otherwise by promoting this event.

You should go.

I'm racing in the same thing next month:

TEXAS MILE // OFFICIAL SITE // 3 DAYS, 1 MILE: NO SPEED LIMIT

I ended up missing it. One of my friends had the nerve to get married that weekend. I've been looking at top speed events since I found out about this, though, and there's one in Maine on Labour Day weekend every year that's 1 1/2 miles, longest I've seen so far. I didn't have time to prep my bike for it this year, but I am really hoping to make it next year. I know my FZ1N won't win any classes, but I am interested in seeing what it will do, oficially timed in a safe location. I also really want to drive 150+mph and I don't see any other opportunity to do that in North America. Keep the updates coming on your Texas Mile experience. I bet it's going to be a hoot!

Re Smith Falls speed runs

I'm curious if anybody here atteneded it. If so, I'd love to hear how it was. My dad lives between Smith Falls and Carleton Place so I can make a stop in there for a visit if I attended next year.
I went to the site and there is no mention of motorcycles anywhere.
Has anyone raced their bike there or at least been a spectator and seen motorcycles ?

By the way, this is my first post here. :sport12:

At first it was 4 wheels only, but then they opened it up to bikes and, from what I understand, plenty of them turned up. Here's a link to the results page:

2012 Race Results | Race the Runway

**NOTE This is a Canadian event, so speed data is presented in km/h. 1.6km = 1 mile. Divide speeds by 1.6 for mph.

There are some pretty impressive times and speeds there. It would have been pretty neat to be there. Hopefully I can make it next year.

Back