Ever had tire blow out from the inside and Crack the tire to the sidewall?

Thank god it didn't blow out like a car tire, I'm 22 years of riding.. it's never happened to me, or anyone I know or even never remember hearing it happen to anyone I know..
Scary shit bro.. you handled it very well.

I am so glad to hear you preformed so well and got out of the road.

I had a similar looking "blow out" on a car. They had country construction and had "gravel" blocks for a roadway off the main road. One had made its way into the road and my work truck hit it seemed like a "flap" of rubber was flapping in the wind.

Thanks guys, I felt an immediate vibration when the initial blow-out on the tread occurred, things got dicey when the sidewall blew out and the tire started to flop, but I was already slowing when that happened and just rode my front brake until stopped as the rear wiggled around.

as a now retired truck driver 40 years behind the wheel. i have had a number of blowouts, one scattered millions of bits. one split the rubber from one bead over the tread to the other bead. but the hard wire in both beads kept it on the rim. even threw a gaiter and the carcass still held air. (gaiter is just the tread part of a recap coming off. the carcass is the sidewalls, and the inner web under the retread).

so as a driver, please stay away from the big rigs for your safety.

Back