Dyno Day scheduled

PredatorFZ1

Well I finally got around to booking my Dyno tune at the end of this month. I will be taking my bike to Dyno Services - Ryan Schnitz Racing He is well known around my area for his tunes and racing so I think he would be one of the best to go to, at least locally. I am hoping for 140 to 150rwhp when he is done. At least that is what I am seeing from people that have put there bike on the dyno and have had it tuned. So with that being said what do you guys think it will do?

Also here is a little video of Ryan Schnitz in action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jzbeVriChc

You must be poorly educated in performance if you think a Dyno tune is a waste of money. If you don't have anything useful to say stay off my thread.

The map that comes with the bike '06 - '13 or so, is terrible. A proper tune, preferably flash makes a world of difference. Both in total performance and response.

There are things that matter, such as head work, nitrous, nitro-methane, and you could need more gas if you open the exhaust.

But to talk about how much HP your bike makes, is little boy racer bullshit. The map the bike comes with has been designed by people at Yamaha that actually know what they are doing.

Dyno tuning is not a real job, not even close, and my education is at least 10 times yours, in all subjects

By making comments like this shows how little you know. I do have an open exhaust without a cat along with other mods list in signature which tuning is needed, also this will be tuned on 93 octane fuel in which Ryan will increase the timing for the octane of fuel. The map was designed around 87octane of fuel not sure if knew that so tuning for the proper octane will gain an increase in hp and torque but I'm sure you knew that.

Last edited:
Well I finally got around to booking my Dyno tune at the end of this month. I will be taking my bike to Dyno Services - Ryan Schnitz Racing He is well known around my area for his tunes and racing so I think he would be one of the best to go to, at least locally. I am hoping for 140 to 150rwhp when he is done. At least that is what I am seeing from people that have put there bike on the dyno and have had it tuned. So with that being said what do you guys think it will do?

Also here is a little video of Ryan Schnitz in action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jzbeVriChc
He looks pretty professional to me. I'm looking forward to how it turns out. What kind of mods have you made?

High octane fuel and advancing/increasing the timing can increase hp and torque along with watching the AFRs to adjust fuel where needed. To much timing can cause pre-detonation or pinging not enough and you can lose power. There will be a baseline graph for the dyno to see what the bike makes hp and torque wise and one after a the tune which will show the gains. There is more to a dyno tune than just hp and torque also drive ability which will be adjusted to.

I am not new to taking my built cars and motorcycles to have them dyno tuned nor am I a kid. Furthermore you may want to research the name Ryan Schnitz before assuming Joe dyno-tune and his portable dyno is tuning my bike.

He looks pretty professional to me. I'm looking forward to how it turns out. What kind of mods have you made?

This is what I have done so far Vcyclenut ECU reflash, PC5, PipeWerx R-11 Carbon Edge slash cut exhaust without cat, Graves Velocity stacks, PSR AIS block off plates, IVANS Subthrottle Plates, LARS Airbox mod with K&N Filter,16T OEM front sprocket. The rest is in my signature.

This is what I have done so far Vcyclenut ECU reflash, PC5, PipeWerx R-11 Carbon Edge slash cut exhaust without cat, Graves Velocity stacks, PSR AIS block off plates, IVANS Subthrottle Plates, LARS Airbox mod with K&N Filter,16T OEM front sprocket. The rest is in my signature.
Sounds like a great combo to me.

I found that after my flash there were only a couple of points of tuning, here and there, on the fuel map. Minimal at best.

Again I'm curious to hear what you learn as there is no one answer.

Back