Dynabeads?

fazernoob66

I changed my front tire with a buddy, we lined up the balance dot on over the valve stem and added 1oz Dynabeads as recommended by the manufacturer. It is still unbalanced. Anyone know if I should add more Dynabeads, or just get it weight balanced?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

Dyno Beads maybe sticking to the inside of your tire. It has happened to me. I was able to brush off sticking Dyno Beads easily with my hand and then vacuumed them out . I used a static balancer and tape a weight to balance my tire. I used Dyno Beads once before in my friend’s Tuono with Pirelli Diablo Strada and his Tuono rides great! The jury is still out if I’ll ever use Dyno Beads again in my bike. Here are some pictures of what the inside of the tire looked like.

Just curious how you know it's not balanced? Dyna Beads only work when the tire is spinning.
In my case the faster I rode the worse the wobble was. The Dyna Beads weren't distributing like they’re intended to because they were adhering to the inside of the tire. Once I broke the bead I could see that the Dyna Beads were sticking to my tire even though the beads easily came off with light brush of my hand. The beads weren’t free flowing throughout the tire while riding. Too bad since they worked well in my friend’s Tuono.

I know between 50-90 the front feels terribly unbalanced. It may be the same case where the beads are sticking, we did soap the tire quite a bit. I'll have to break it down and check.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

Back