Dunlop roadsmart

fazernoob66

Thought I'd put a little input on this thread. I have had 100% satisfaction with these tires front and rear. I got 6500 miles out of the first rear, on the second one now. About to put on another front, its got about 7K on it now and is creepin on the wear bars. I love twisties and tear them up when I can and these tires are 100% solid. I've not had a moment yet where I thought the tires were on their limit. One exception is when they are cold though. These tires cold are pretty scary. Even on the low end of rpm's the rear can slide exiting a slower corner. I lost the rear chicken strips in the first 400 miles of the rear, loved breaking in fresh rubber. These are on a gen 1 factory, factory sizes. My 2 cents, love these tires.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I might add, they feel very solid on semi-wet to full on riding through flood rain conditions. I've been caught in about everything with these tires, and they are great! Do understand I'm no motogp rider, and don't have much street tire experience. But I'm sticking with roadsmarts for now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

One exception is when they are cold though. These tires cold are pretty scary. Even on the low end of rpm's the rear can slide exiting a slower corner. /

The tires don't preempt or think ahead of the rider. The rider is required to consider the condition of his equipment before asking more than it can produce.

I have Dunlop Roadsmart tires too. They were one the bike when I bought it but they seem fairly sticky. I just don't ask too much of them before they have the chance to adapt to the environment.

The rider is the ultimate authority on the capability of the machine. Pushing the tires too far when cold is the riders decision, don't fault the tires.

Tires don't think ahead.

I've had these for 3 seasons on my Gen II and I can second that they're really good, and that they have a tendency to slide the rear when cold, but it does so in a way that's giving you a hint about what's happening.

My only problem with these tyres is the reluctancy to lean the bike. Once in lean mode, it's super stable, but I feel I need to use a bit of convincing

Back