Dunlop RoadSmart: $215.80 Delivered (Pair)

Recon Viper 1

I've got to be honest, this is a hijack thread. I was reading the thread about the Shinko Apex available for $130 and I decided to look around.

Dunlop RoadSmart 120/70X17 and 180/55X17 for $215.80 per pair delivered........BUT........YOU MUST USE PROMO CODE: ffs (lower case) TO GET FREE SHIPPING.

Cycle Gear: $302.48 plus shipping.
Competition Accessories: $304.67 with free shipping.
Jake Wilson: $268.98 with free shipping.
Motorcycle Superstore: $290.98 with free shipping.
MotoSPORT: $304.99 with free shipping.

0000028076e3c83.jpg

000002807610741.jpg

NEW Dunlop RoadSmart Sportmax Dual Compound Perforance Radials Sport Motorcycle Tires Dunlop Sport Bike Tires NEW Dunlop Sportmax RoadSmart Tires

Dunlop has worked hard on the development of its Roadsmart sport touring tire and after a day of testing the rubber during a deluged day in Malibu, CA, we came away impressed with its effort. The goal was to create a sport-touring tire that features class-leading handling in dry conditions, excellent wet weather performance and the durability demanded by long-haul riders. We can't comment about how many miles it will stand up to because it was a one day intro, but the level of available traction offered in both the wet and dry conditions we experienced was enough to give the Roadsmart our stamp of approval.

One of the most critical aspects of the Roadsmart design was to achieve the best wet weather performance possible. By testing compounds in the lab with FEA before going into production, engineers were able to cut down the time between concept and prototype construction. The physical analysis of the working prototypes through 3D FEM was instrumental in determining the best compound combinations and tread pattern. The tread pattern is referred to as the 'void' and is a key component for the wet weather success of the Roadsmart tire. The final pattern retains the Dunlop cosecant-curve design and allows the use of a softer compound on the outer edges of the tire by reducing wear and is instrumental in the tire's ability to disperse water while maintaining enough of a contact patch to offer the stability and traction Dunlop was looking for.
They work for me.

Last edited:
Not a bad price! That may be on my list once the current tires wear out

I doubt they will be offered at that price very long and the FFS code gets free shipping, a saving of about $26, but I don't think they will ship them for foreign countries for free.

Export shipments require documentation and most dealers don't want to spend the time on the paperwork.

Last edited:
No doubt a good price but I have found Dunsoft's not to last (I am hard on tires- wrist problem) as long as other brands and get squirrely during the last third of tread life.

How about a report on these when you have used them up?

No doubt a good price but I have found Dunsoft's not to last (I am hard on tires- wrist problem) as long as other brands and get squirrely during the last third of tread life.

How about a report on these when you have used them up?

So, I judge from your comments that you have used Roadsmarts and found them lacking.

Or, is that just a vague comment generalizing about Dunlop tires. The reason I ask is that so many of us are getting great performance and long life out of these multi compound tires and getting a deal like this is a great opportunity.

The final pattern retains the Dunlop cosecant-curve design and allows the use of a softer compound on the outer edges of the tire by reducing wear and is instrumental in the tire's ability to disperse water while maintaining enough of a contact patch to offer the stability and traction Dunlop was looking for. he final pattern retains the Dunlop cosecant-curve design and allows the use of a softer compound on the outer edges of the tire by reducing wear and is instrumental in the tire's ability to disperse water while maintaining enough of a contact patch to offer the stability and traction Dunlop was looking for.

I take it that you are currently, or have in the recent past, used the multi compound Roadsmarts?

He was clearly sharing his opinion on Dunlop tires as a whole based on what he's used in the past. He asked for your impressions afterwards so obviously he hasn't used that exact model and size of Dunlop.

Sheesh :(

Last edited:
Back