Dunlop Q3 any good?

Hello fellow riders, I just got hold of Dunlop Q3 tires from Motorcycle Accessories. I believe this is the latest street tire produced by Dunlop. It describes the following features.

Dunlop Sportmax Q3, the next-generation sport tire featuring Dunlop’s new Carbon Fiber Technology (CFT).

1. Dunlop’s Carbon Fiber Technology (CFT) uses carbon fiber reinforcement in the tire sidewalls for exceptional cornering performance and feel.

2. Aggressive new Q3 tread pattern uses fewer grooves that are longer in length to enhance wet-weather performance.

3. Intuitive Response Profile™ (IRP) technology in the rear tire allows greater latitude in line choice while cornering, plus amazingly linear steering.

4. MT Multi-Tread™ technology in the rear tire uses a tough, long-wearing compound in the center of the tread for excellent traction and longer tread life, plus special lateral grip compounds for outstanding grip.

5. New Q3 tire compounds were derived from road-race compounds to yield maximum sportbike performance.

6. The Dunlop Sportmax Q3 offers superb grip, stability, steering feel and longevity on the street and on the track.

7. Designed, tested and manufactured in America, the Sportmax Q3 sets new standards for high-performance sport tires.

Honestly it looks really good, but any first hand experience with this tire before I mount it up? Hope some could share their thoughts and experiences.
:sport12:

I think you might be one of the first forum members to actually get your hands on those tires...

From all the reviews that I have seen they seem like great tires for the money.

I recently read a review in one of the motorcycle mags. They seem to think the Q3 is an improvement over the Q2 and they considered the Q2 the best in class prior to the Q3 release.
They should stick like glue, just don't expect more then 3000 miles out of them at most.

I have about 1200 miles in the winding hills of Norcal on them and they are doing well. I ran the Q2 tires before and loved them. They take a little getting used to because the lean in so well. Plus they look to be holding up pretty well in the tread department but we will see. You will love them.

I have about 1200 miles in the winding hills of Norcal on them and they are doing well. I ran the Q2 tires before and loved them. They take a little getting used to because the lean in so well. Plus they look to be holding up pretty well in the tread department but we will see. You will love them.

After 1200 miles, how many miles would you estimate are left on them?

I am going to check them with a 32nd gauge tonight. I have been measuring them to track my wear a little more accurately. At least another 1200 hopefully allot more.

Q3's stuck good enough to grind off all your hard parts..lol and toe sliders with out any problem. I just installed a R1 shock on my bike and I am loving the Q3's even more. Few corners did some way late turning to avoid the gravel and the bike didn't even sweat it. I felt you could lean it over to where ever you wanted. even with parts grinding like i said..

replaced rear Q3 with 2900 miles on it it was done. The tire holds the road all the way to the end. It had probably a million curves on it..lol on our Nor cal chip sealed roads(sand paper).

Q3's stuck good enough to grind off all your hard parts..lol and toe sliders with out any problem. I just installed a R1 shock on my bike and I am loving the Q3's even more. Few corners did some way late turning to avoid the gravel and the bike didn't even sweat it. I felt you could lean it over to where ever you wanted. even with parts grinding like i said..

replaced rear Q3 with 2900 miles on it it was done. The tire holds the road all the way to the end. It had probably a million curves on it..lol on our Nor cal chip sealed roads(sand paper).

sounds about right. unfortunately, they are amazing grippy tires with horrible mileage. i'll be gettin some next spring though for sure anyway

I'm considering trying these next, but I definitely want to get at least 3k miles out of them. I'm currently running the PP3's with 3,300 on them and it looks as like I'll be hitting the wear bars around 4k. I'm 160 running 34f/35r. What pressures did you run in them and what do you weigh?

I run 36 front 38 back I weight 200 to 210 in gear. Sometimes I eat good for a week or two..lol. my bike has full exhaust and a carbon muffler so it is lighter than stock. We ride pretty hard I ride with few guys who used to run the track.

Back