Dunlop D221 (Stock tire)

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
While not the best tire for carving grip... and because I was too cheap to trade them out without using them up, I managed 12,102 miles on the set before the rear gave up and the front cupping made handling a challenge. The last 1500 miles were quite an experience!

attachment.php

Wow down to the cords! You got your money's worth out of that one! So what are you replacing them with? PR2?

;) Yeah, I procrastinated and ended up parked for a week!

I was going to get the PR2 set but ended up going with the Shinko 009 Ravens for a trial. $182 shipped for the set. If they aren't that great, they are a cheap enough trial... but they've got good reviews outside of the forum and a thread here with more good reviews so I thought I'd give them a try. :D

I'll follow up in the Shinko thread with periodic reviews on performance, feedback and wear. Supposed to be a great rain tire... we'll see!

attachment.php

Digging this thread up due to so much tire talk going on in current threads.

I had the same Dunlop OEM tires. I stretched mine out to 6500 miles, but the rear was very flat in the center (not down to the cords) and the front was still ok, but I switched them out for the Michelin Pilot Road 3's front and back. Not really enough miles to give a review yet, but it sure turns better with a rounded rear tire!

Eric, you've most likely talked about the Shinko's in another thread, but how have they done?

Back