Don't Be Shy Now .

I guess the canucks around here are shy.

I will say HI though.

What are the bike licensing laws in Australia? Age, Learner license before testing? Wondering as it has changed here some since I tested for my license way back in the 80's. Would like to see it a little more strict though, or perhaps a mandatory 500CC bike for the first month or two.

I guess the canucks around here are shy.

I will say HI though.

What are the bike licensing laws in Australia? Age, Learner license before testing? Wondering as it has changed here some since I tested for my license way back in the 80's. Would like to see it a little more strict though, or perhaps a mandatory 500CC bike for the first month or two.

welcome to the site , you must be 18yo here in OZ to get a learner permit for a motorcycle . also you cant exceed 660cc motorcycle , but it is power to weight ratio limited e.g a learner or restricted licenced rider cant ride a FZ6 or R6 . you also must serve a minimum of 3 months on your learners permit & then serve 12 months of restriction licence , so its not that easy going for newbies here in OZ ..

welcome to the site , you must be 18yo here in OZ to get a learner permit for a motorcycle . also you cant exceed 660cc motorcycle , but it is power to weight ratio limited e.g a learner or restricted licenced rider cant ride a FZ6 or R6 . you also must serve a minimum of 3 months on your learners permit & then serve 12 months of restriction licence , so its not that easy going for newbies here in OZ ..

That seems like a long time, though I'm sure it cuts down on a lot of sensless crashes and accidents. Here, you get your learners, and then test for your license. once completed, you can ride whatever you can buy. We have 5-7 "dumb" crashes where new riders are seriously hurt or even killed in Brooks alone. Another reminder to respect the power between your thighs.

Montreal new member

Hi all, looking for comments on some mods on Gen II. Saddle, taller windshield and lowering of handlebars. Anyone done any of that?

Never been to Canada but I met a Canadian in Iraq who worked for the UN. Great guy, got tons of snacks, goodies and reading material from the Canadian government. He had no use for most of it and shared with my Soldiers.

You guys rock and nice to have as neighbors! :D

Hi. I live Near Lachute northwest of montreal. Where would you be exactly? I bought a new FZ1 last summer and i'm alone all the time. Any meet's you could suggest?

Being from northern Michigan, I see as many Canadian plates as I do any of the other 48 States. I visit Canada several times a year and have relatives who live in Ontario. My father was a naturalized Canadian. Except for a few differences in our lingo, most of us don't even distinguish one from the other. The only problem I had was a trip that took me through Montreal because my french really sucks and I had a bit of trouble translating french to english. I do beieve that our licenseing laws in most states are inadequate to ensure that new riders are mature enough to keep from getting into trouble (speed without caustion).

thanks guys

Born and raised in a local mountain town. The name is just a handle, thank you very much. I assure you I have no connection to the hill billys from down south :retard:

Newbe

“Hi my name is Craig (Buddy769)”
I am 44 years young. I am on my second year of riding, and I LOVE IT. I live in Millbrook, Ontario, Canada; I ride a 2006 Silver FZ1 my second bike (sold my 2005 SV650s 3 weeks ago). I HAVE THE NEED FOR SPEED. I also ride an Artic Cat DVX 400 sport Quad.
:+1:

Sorry guy you won't get sympathy from me. I have had snow piling up for the better part of a week now. Had to shovel the door in front of the shop this morning when I got to work. Looks like February here!

Ya but you guys have got a better NHL team than here in Ottawa! By the way if your wondering I'm a Boston Bruins fan all Hail Bobby Orr!

Teams

Ya but you guys have got a better NHL team than here in Ottawa! By the way if your wondering I'm a Boston Bruins fan all Hail Bobby Orr!

My wife is a Senators fan, She misses Zadano, so she cheers for Boston as well. We go to Flames games fairly often on my boss's season tickets, row 10 right behind the home players bench, on the isle. Not a big Sutter fan so I am waiting to see what our team does this year, they are faultering at the moment.

Back