Do I want to be naked?

So im not sure but im debating on ditching my fairing. How much wind do you experience naked? I would assume its clean air so no buffeting. Any input is appreciated thanks!

Yes it does! I'm not sure if anyone makes tiny ones, but you can buy one of the cheap ones on e-bay and cut it does. I used an old stock windscreen.

I currently have a Puig touring screen on my bike but just painted my stock one black. But I'll do a blast this weekend with none on there to see how it feels. Looks mean with the stock one all black though.

Got any pics of yours? How did you cut it?

done both, i have windscreens now on all my bikes. its not bad under freeway speeds but anything above that is no bueno. especially after about an hour. after my rides my neck would hurt for days

I currently have a Puig touring screen on my bike but just painted my stock one black. But I'll do a blast this weekend with none on there to see how it feels. Looks mean with the stock one all black though.

Got any pics of yours? How did you cut it?

Sure do. I used my angle grinder to remove the bulk of the excess. This windscreen was scuffed on the outside, so I coated it with plasti-dip. Otherwise, I would have painted the inside black. I have a CopperDawg windscreen now.

8yxTLia.jpg

Basically everything you mentioned in that thread is what I'm afraid of.

Sure do. I used my angle grinder to remove the bulk of the excess. This windscreen was scuffed on the outside, so I coated it with plasti-dip. Otherwise, I would have painted the inside black. I have a CopperDawg windscreen now.

View attachment 22311

Yeah that looks interesting. I painted the inside of my stock one satin black and it looks killer on the bike. Just haven't used a stock one in about four years and it's much smaller than the puig so we'll see how it works out. I had a copper dawg one as well but sold it.

done both, i have windscreens now on all my bikes. its not bad under freeway speeds but anything above that is no bueno. especially after about an hour. after my rides my neck would hurt for days

This is looking worse and worse for me lol. I have done multiple 4-500 mile days on my bike. And I plan to do around 15k miles this year alone. Not going to happen if that is how bad it is. Looks like what I need is to make the FZ1 naked and get an FJR and keep both haha

I have a naked and have no issues at all, the wind holds you up at cruising speeds and takes pressure off the arms and wrists. It's all about getting used to it. I ride mainly twisties and not much straights, but I have done long rides like last years ride to the motoGP which were full days without any issues. It's all down to personal preference. I like the visibility it provides and I prefer either a fully faired look or the naked look. Naked is my all time favourite. I was looking at buying the faired FZ1 and buying the full fairing kit to instal on it, then I saw the naked and that is what I purchased.

The extra wind resistance takes a bit of getting used to at first but now I don't even think about it.
I like how it slows me down a bit as the sensation of speed is heightened on a naked bike.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Does anyone know how close the feel of having just no windshield on my current bike would be compared to a fully naked bike?

I really want to get an idea of what it would feel like, but if taking off the windshield does not fully give me the wind resistance then there is not much of a point to doing that I guess.

The best way to know is to try. Take off the 1/4 fairing and the windscreen and go for a boot. I'm not positive about this but I BELIEVE the headlights and gauges are mounted separately from the plastic fairing and windscreen assembly.

I've toured all over the western US on naked bikes and now I have a bike with a big fat full fairing. I wouldn't hesitate to get another naked but I've got to say that I really do enjoy having all that Tupperware now. For back roads and commuting, naked is great. Being completely exposed is really enjoyable in a visceral sort of way. You've got a greater sensation of speed and more involvement with the bike.

For long stretches of highway and especially in bad weather, the fairing is fantastic.

The best way to know for me was to get a Copperdawg speed screen. His are less upright and more curved and you get the naked feel of more air on you but it is very smooth and with little buffeting. We should meet up and you can try my bike and know if that is the right choice for you. :D

The best way to know for me was to get a Copperdawg speed screen. His are less upright and more curved and you get the naked feel of more air on you but it is very smooth and with little buffeting. We should meet up and you can try my bike and know if that is the right choice for you. :D

I had the cd speed screen for three years lol

We should still meet though.

I like the C14 more lol!

What I really want is a Busa and C14 hahah

I had an 08 Blue Busa, I loved that damn bike but it was EVIL!!! So smooth and so fast! I had to sell it to save myself from it... The $714 performance award (100+ mph ticket) helped the decision making process!

Back