differences in fz1's by location?

other than you can get alot of the european stuff in Canada that you cannot get here in the states as Factory options and not customizations as they are here in the states....

kph vs, Mph

are there any differences between a canadian bought fz1 and an american bought fz1? (besides the nationalities of the riders you wise asses!)

The readouts in Canada will Be in kph and they seem to spec different rubber up here as OEM. The Canadian units can run on Tim Horton's coffee or Maple syrup as well.:laugh2:

Hey we shipped Celine down to Vegas to try to be rid of her for good. No real Canadian drinks that Labatt's swill ! Especially "Blue" yech!

ha, but as long as you don't look at her, she's not bad!

The U.S. model POPs on decel with a slip-on.

The Canadien model doesn't POP but says eh? eh? :stirpot:

We have to pay for maintenance. They have free "health care" when they pay the taxes on the bike. :doh2:

:Rockon:

Really though, I am unsure about any differences outside of the default display being KPH instead of MPH. :icon_beer:

Same

The U.S. model POPs on decel with a slip-on.

The Canadien model doesn't POP but says eh? eh? :stirpot:

We have to pay for maintenance. They have free "health care" when they pay the taxes on the bike. :doh2:

:Rockon:

Really though, I am unsure about any differences outside of the default display being KPH instead of MPH. :icon_beer:

Even the colours are the same, except our's have a "u" in them. Yamaha ocaisionally comes out with a Canadian model for instance the R6 ca model that was all white and red body work. No such model of FZ1 that was specifically Canadian only that I know of. I have looked at both sites spec. sheets and have not spotted a differance except in price. We northerners get the "boots put to us" in that regard ! EH!

Does anyone know of a Canadian website that sells canadian OEM parts that'll ship to the states ? Now that would be the best thing since sliced bread....

Yup! It's a place called Oldschool. Talk to a guy named Lee. Paypal him the money and he can buy it and ship it to you as a gift. ;) (I am kidding!)

I've already started running Lee..... :D

Does anyone know of a Canadian website that sells canadian OEM parts that'll ship to the states ? Now that would be the best thing since sliced bread....

I think I might have something bookmarked at home (on work computer now). I can tell you that the prices weren't that great and the shipping was a killer from what I saw. Maybe Lee can help...

Not that exciting, Really.

YAMAHA MOTOR CANADA | 2010 FZ1

but here you go. And here is the place that I usually shop, check on their site:
Blackfoot Motosports | Passion for Motorsports

But there's always sliced bread to fall back on.:stirpot:
feel free to send me small unmarked bills though and not too many at a time to keep postage down.

Set me straight here.....you can or can't buy stuff from Canada and have it shipped here to the US? The Canadian parts are nice, I especially like the semi-hard saddle bags, with the tank bag of the same design, thats a really sweet looking setup, smallish but nice for shorter stuff[./COLOR]

Buddy as long as you're willing to pay the shipping charges they will gladly ship it to the USA ;)

Back