Cruise Control

I hear the throttlemeister is supposed to be near the best, it's a bar end one but it's in the +$100 range. Also vist cruise is supposed to be a nice sub $40 alternative. Although the ordering sites say it's not compatable with the fz1, with minor modification ( a shim ) it's supposed to be great. I have a guy I know that used one for years without an issue

Magnets?

If you are inquiring about the speed reference, the rostra references from the countershaft encoder pulses going to the speedometer

I hear the throttlemeister is supposed to be near the best, it's a bar end one but it's in the +$100 range. Also vist cruise is supposed to be a nice sub $40 alternative. Although the ordering sites say it's not compatable with the fz1, with minor modification ( a shim ) it's supposed to be great. I have a guy I know that used one for years without an issue

I have a Throttlemeister (in heavy black) which is actually just a throttle lock, not a true cruise control which would keep a constant speed when going up or down hill. I like the throttlemeister for long, straight, flat roads (like in IL :(), but a true cruse would be nice... hmmm, the BMW S1000R has one from the factory :)

I have both and the Vista can be made to work but takes up real estate on the throttle grip and you have to fiddle with it to fit by the brake reservoir. The ThrottleMeister works great on a smooth flat road but you will constantly need to make small adjustments to maintain a uniform speed in hilly areas (The bike slows down going up and speeds up going down).

I got mine because I had a problem holding my hand in a grip for a long period of time, I had surgery to correct that and now I hardly ever use the ThrottleMeister except for a short rest.

It may not be a "true" cruise control, but I fitted a mechanical throttle-lock from BrakeAway Motorcycle Cruise Control on my GenII and love it. I had Throttlemeister installed on previous bikes and liked them well enough but using it could be fiddly. Brakeaway has a slick disengagement setup; pulling the brake level trips the release and there's a thumb release.

It may not be a "true" cruise control, but I fitted a mechanical throttle-lock from BrakeAway Motorcycle Cruise Control on my GenII and love it. I had Throttlemeister installed on previous bikes and liked them well enough but using it could be fiddly. Brakeaway has a slick disengagement setup; pulling the brake level trips the release and there's a thumb release.

I had considered the Breakaway but decided against it for the taking up grip real estate and cost. Since installing the Throttlemeister I haven't really used it much. After I had the carpal tunnel surgery I find I can hold the throttle for hours without cramping or pain. However, it is useful for what it does. The good thing about a Gen2 is that I have to stop for gas about every two hours which gives me a break rest the hand.

Last edited:
I had a Throttlemeister on an FJR and didn't like the idea of always fiddling with it on hilly roads. I now have a $10 Cramp Buster and it works great.....easy to maintain speed and easily rotatable out of the way when you don't need it.

Last edited:
I had a Throttlemeister on an FJR and didn't like the idea of always fiddling with it on hilly roads. I now have a $10 Cramp Buster and it works great.....easy to maintain speed and easily rotatable out of the way when you don't need it.

I have one of those. It gets in the way in town. Yeah it can be rotated...
I tried it on my first long ride on Sun it made my pointer and middle finger go numb.
Took it back off on the ride back to be sure, that was it.

Back