Cruise Control

I have mapped out a 5000+ mile trip for June and and figured I better get something that will let me take my right hand off the throttle from time to time to give it a rest. This isn't exactly the most sophisticated control I've ever seen but it's one of the most clever and doesn't take a engineer to install. I should get it tomorrow so I'll post a report when I get it on.

Throttlemeister - See It Work

Last edited:
I have mapped out a 5000+ mile trip for June and and figured I better get something that will let me take my left hand off the throttle from time to time to give it a rest. This isn't exactly the most sophisticated control I've even seen but it's one of the most clever and doesn't take a engineer to install. I should get it tomorrow so I'll post a report when I get it on.

Throttlemeister - See It Work

My friend has one like this, not sure if it is the same. He seems to like it.

I saw this one mentioned the other day. It is a little more expensive, but it looks like it is more of a true cruise control.

Hopefully you will not have your left hand on the throttle much anyway. Use the right hand, it reduces the twisting of the body! JK.

BrakeAway Motorcycle Cruise Control - Product Info

You should see me switch hands as I'm going down the highway! Quite a feat. Don't know how I screwed that one up. I had just been doing some flight simulator work and was working on getting the right/left turn thing correct when the plane is coming at me vs going away. Sometimes it's hard to tell which way the thing is going and a right bank turns into a left, or the other way around and instead of going up the thing takes a nose dive to the ground.

Last edited:
I put it on this morning. Couldn't be easier. Take off old bar ends, screw in new inserts. The left is just a dummy of the throttle side so all you have to do is fit the correct spacer and put the allen-head screw in. On the throttle side you have to insert a friction barrel over the throttle tube and under the covering, pick the right spacer/spacers for the correct tension on the throttle handle then screw it in, check to make sure it is free without tension and has enough tension when it's activated and you're done. They look great (there are several option designs) and they function like a gem. I took it to the expressway got it up to 70 and set it and it stayed on the money until I hit a hill, which caused it to lose a couple MPH but then when I got back to the flats it was back to where I had set it. For $120 I think it's a bargain.

Back