Corbin Smuggler Look Alikes

saddle improvement on gen II

Hi guys, also found a sargent saddle which looks pretty cool. I want to get a more comfortable seat than stock but I don't know which to get of the Corbin, Sargent or Yamaha gel seat. Anyone bought any of those?

Here's the link for sargent saddle FZ1 2006-2008 http://www.sargentcycle.com/yamwsfz106.htm

Last edited:
I had a Sargent on my SV, it was very comfortable. But at just less than $300, I found a Yamaha Comfort Saddle for less than $200 at M&Rcycle, Ashville, NC, got it, looks and feels great, no long ride yet...........Bill

The rider's pad for about $260 might be a good investment for the longer rides but I couldn't pay for a new passenger seat that wouldn't get used hardly at all. My wife wont ride and she'd be really unhappy to see another person as my passenger. I have to wonder how much that seat raises the riding position?

I found this web site with a reasonably priced, color matched fiberglass rear seat replacement storage pod. He also offers custom turn signal pods and tail eliminators.

FZ1

Enjoy! :)

Chris
I checked CopperDog's site but it didn't look like it was much more than a cover. I would have liked to see more photos of his product.

I got a Corbin Smuggler for my FJR1300 last year and I couldn't be happier with it. It is the best improvement I put on that bike. They are expensive but really cool and totally useful. I only ride solo and I like the way it finishes the back of my bike. The only down-side is attaching a rear bag over it. Not a problem with the FJR because it has cases, but it could be an issue with the FZ1.

I just ordered a Smuggler for my 2008 FZ1. One thing about Corbin. Get ready to wait a long time and hear some pretty feeble excuses why they don't have it ready yet. They told me 4 times I would get mine at the end of the week after paint and primer dried. I build things and have certainly used the paint drying excuse for why I'm late, but 4 times to the same client is a little insulting.

All in all, it was worth the wait, though.

Back