Coolant fluid from overflow after ride

Hi first of all,hello to everyone as I've just joined the forum.i came back from a 180 mile ride yesterday,put the bike in garage on side stand and noticed a small amount of coolant fluid on floor that had dripped from overflow pipe on left side.ive checked the reservoir this morning and it's just below full mark its a 2008 fz1s I was just wondering if this was normal.thanks to all that helps..

Hi first of all,hello to everyone as I've just joined the forum.i came back from a 180 mile ride yesterday,put the bike in garage on side stand and noticed a small amount of coolant fluid on floor that had dripped from overflow pipe on left side.ive checked the reservoir this morning and it's just below full mark its a 2008 fz1s I was just wondering if this was normal.thanks to all that helps..

I've had a bit of coolant overflow before having the ECU Flashed. It was in really hot weather and the bike had been ridden a little harder than usual. Now with the flash, the fans kick on earlier than stock so the bike stays cooler than before and I haven't had any coolant overflow since. I wouldn't worry about it as the overflow tube is there for a reason. I'd say it's perfectly normal.

What temps are your bikes at after you ride awhile and the bike is in traffic? My bike is running just over 200, @203 in traffic at ambient temps in the 80's.

Back