convertibars

BroHay

Stihl Loves Trees
So I'm in the process of switching out my SM2's for a set of convertibars that I had picked up from Fred'z1 on his front end swap on a Gen I to a busa.

I'm keeping the fairing and not going to run naked as he did. I'm playing around right now, but I've got close to 2" of excess on the clutch and wanting to know if anyone has any suggestions on a possible re-route that might allow me a workaround.

run outside the frame -- but concern would be right turn locked
try to make a minimal "s" bend to keep everything tucked under the tank....

I'm trying to kick ideas to springboard the thought process on possible options.

Hi, I did'nt have them with the naked front, here's a pic of my previous set-up if it can help you. I did'nt have problems with the clutch cable, it was more the front break line... For that I loosened the banjo bolts to rotate the the line so it would go near the midle of the upper triple three. The clutch cable did go about the same way.

I would advise getting a new cable 2" shorter. They are available through companies like Spiegler, etc. Routing the cables outside the frame or in routes different that the manufacturer chose can result in wear in areas that can be unforseen until a probem developes. It shouldn't cost all that much to do it right.

Back