Continental Attack

I am very happy with my Conti Attacks, does anyone else have experience with these? I think when the time comes I'll buy the same if not the Attack II's.

I changed the original Metzeler Z6 tires on my BMW R1200RT at 11,000mi. I'd say I got my moneys worth. These were the OEM tire. This is a heavy bike (compared to my FZ1) and I use the BMW for long distance touring. They handle great in both wet & dry and although I never had to lock up a tire I would say braking performance was great as well.

I replaced them with the Contintental Road Attach (also a BMW OEM tire) because they had a good write up in one of the magazine comparison tests. They beat out the Metzelers in several catagories and paired in all others. The Metzelers were much more harsh than the Continentals even though they both require the same air pressure. The turn in on the Conti is better and the ride is excellent. Also the Conti's don't have that harsh "thwack thwack thwack" when riding over the BOTS DOTS and reflectors on the freeway that the Metzelers had. It used to knock my GPS out of alignment.

I have had the Conti's for a year now and with only 5-6,000 miles on the Conti's, the Conti's have worn the rear center faster than the Metzelers. I was somewhat disapointed. :mad: But to be fair this was almost all freeway riding with fully loaded bike. When I first got the BMW I usd to ride it through the canyons. Maybe the lighter bike driven more aggresively would wear more evenly. I am looking forward to the Conti Road Attack II. The price needs to come down though. :eek5:

I'm sure with the constant changes in motorcycle tire technology I imagine by the time the current Conti's wear out there will be a 15,000mi tire available. LOL.

The FZ1 has about 7,000mi and showing signs of wear. This is my commuter bike, 70mi a day, so I expect to be searching for replacements soon. I usually go two rears to one front. We shall see. :)

I don't have experience with the Attacks on my FZ1 but I had them on my previous bike (SV650S) and I loved them. They did well on wet and dry roads and made the bike a lot easier to flick around than the oem Metzeler tires.

Back