conti road attack 2

I finally sprang for a set of these since I have been agonizing over them for the last year but afraid to give up on my beloved Avons.first thing i noticed is they look narrower mounted up and have an already ridden on surface not smooth like other tires.First ride very stable tire even at 145 mph.the first turn I throw into and wow thses turn in super fast it caught me off guard at first.I thought i was taking it easy on them but within 30 miles the chicken strip was gone on both sides.overall the bike feels lighter,rides better the reviews were right on the money the only thing that remains is how good the wet traction is which even though I dont usually ride in the rain I probably will just to try them out. I decided not to go with super stickies for low mileage wear and I dont ride good enuff to be able to take advantage of all they can do.

I was considering these tyre as well....except trying to buy them in Sydney was like trying to buy rocking horse $h!t. Thanks for the info Amevl.....please let us know how they go in the wet.

I know we all should support local shops and all that but who buys tyres from Australia any more, Jake Wilsons even with $75 freight for two tires is hundreds of dollars cheaper. With the Aussie dollar so high we are being ripped off ! The contis have great reviews and I am tossing up between them and Dunlop road smarts next.Have the PR2ct on the rear and PP2ct on the front and would like better turn in.

I know we all should support local shops and all that but who buys tyres from Australia any more, Jake Wilsons even with $75 freight for two tires is hundreds of dollars cheaper. With the Aussie dollar so high we are being ripped off ! The contis have great reviews and I am tossing up between them and Dunlop road smarts next.Have the PR2ct on the rear and PP2ct on the front and would like better turn in.

Raise the rear or drop the front a little for better turn in.
Some of the fellas use a 190/55/17 rear to assist turn in.

without changing height of bike the turn in is incredible.I am hoping to log some miles today if the heat doesnt get to miserable

I'm interested in knowing how the Conti Tires hold up on the FZ1. Please post an update on how many miles you get out of the rear tire when you reach the point of needing a new tire.

I had a Conti Road Attack rear and a Sport Attack front on my Kawasaki 600. Had the same affect as far as improving turn in. The tires seemed to have a steeper profile and I felt like I was going to fall over the first few turns, but loved it after I adjusted.

Way off topic, but i was sitting in my squad car and read the rocking horse S&^t remark and had to pull over.

I hope its because you were laughing and not because some of your mate pulled you over! We can get booked in Australia for looking at a mobile phone while in charge of a car......

I got a set of the sport attack waiting for the contimotion to wear out. I got them cheap.. Hope i can get close to the miles out of them as the road attacks seem to be getting. the motions have 4500 on them and are close to wear marks. I am kinda hard on the rear.

I've had a set of these for about 4500km so far on my GENII FZ1N.

Got them for a decent price in Sydney (brookvale) & i've been really happy with them so far, getting some insanely good wear, quick warm up, enough grip & feel on the weekend hoons (for my skill level) & good stability on boring-ass freeway runs.
I use my bike every day for everything from commuting to weekend rides to trips up the coast & these things are great.

here they are new, i'll put up a 4000km in shot tomorrow for comparison
tumblr_lgp6p7AQrF1qh2rfjo1_1280.jpg

Ok the jury is in on these tires turn in lightning quick,dry traction all the way over to peg dragging excellent,wet traction excellent.mileage IMHO is poor only good 3900 miles and the rear is showing cords no wheelies no burnouts.I was expecting closer to 5-6k miles out of these and they were almost as expensive as Avon Storms which I was getting 6k out of them.I will not be buying these again.

Back