Comfortable seat

Well if you don't want a rock hard seat I don't suggest the Sargent seat. My butt was going numb after 30 min of riding with the stock seat and after reading about aftermarket seats on here the majority was suggesting Sargent. So I place my order for both a front and back seat for my girlfriend. When I opened the box the seats looked like great quality. I installed both seats and sat down on it. The contour of the seat was great and my butt felt great in it, but was pretty hard. Only one way to test it and that was a 6hr round trip to a motorcycle rally I attended. My butt started going numb after 15 minutes and I found myself constantly shifting around to get comfortable. Was a 6 hour nightmare for me. I read it takes some time to break them in (between 400 and 2000 miles although Sargents website says they are comfortable right away lol). I have since painfully logged 1200km on it and no change, Considering I paid $700 total Canadian, I was sadly disappointed. I understand Corbin is like this as well. I met a guy who had the same exact bike as me on a ride with my brother and I asked what seat he was using and he told me a Yamaha comfort seat so I asked if he minded if I sat on it. It was a bit softer than mine (not as plush as stock) but the gel in it was extremely hot to the touch. My only other option was a top Sellerie as they looked really nice and seemed to look plush. But now i seem to be getting mixed reviews about them. I don't want to waste more cash on something that is not gonna feel soft. I know some guys prefer firmer seats, but I am a skinnier guy and I need a more plush seat like the stock seat but with the contour and shape of the Sargent. I heard of an air hawk seat pad which could be an option or maybe getting my stock seat redone at a motorcycle seat shop. I dunno anymore. I am about ready to sell my bike as I can't seem to find any comfort in this bike.........any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I'll have a set of Top Saddlery seats up for sale tonight if you want to take a look.... These are all I've ever had on my bikes. The set is from my wife's bike. She got a new BMW F800R

i had eddie / dirt road do custom seats for me / my fz1. worlds better than the stock (which is horrible - worse than the r1), although i still feel some discomfort. i am a thin guy as well. unfortunately, too soft of a seat will only feel good for a bit. gotta have the firmness to have any comfort last. i dunno if there is a way to get a perfect balance. if i had to, i would certainly have eddie do the seats again. great looking seats, great to deal with, he obviously knows what he's doing, and the price isn't prohibitive (less than sargent, corbin).

FWIW, Dirt Road Eddie is no longer doing seats due to health/retirement reasons. Last I heard he was training someone to appeared skilled enough and agreeable to take over his seat recovering business. Eddie said it would be a "few weeks" before he'd start taking seats, but so far, there has been no further updates.

I just scored a Dirt Road rider seat on the fz1oa, anxious for it to arrive. Word is, Eddie is training a guy to do his exact design, so the seat should live on to fz1 people.

Back