Cobalt's Trailer

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
This is what I haul the bikes with. I bought this for multiple purposes so I need to be able to convert it back to the original at any time. It's a 6' x 12' landscaping trailer with the full mesh gate. Makes loading and unloading a breeze! It's been to Deal's Gap and back. It is heavy but it is VERY solid.

Modded with two Haulmaster chocks and a locking truck box for tools and gear all from HF. I added D-rings and shackles to tie the bikes into the trailer. First couple shots were to mock up the bikes. Note: This was my old FZ6 and her V-Star 650 Custom.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thats a really great looking setup. i like the locking box addition that could come in handy. I do feel I need to see some pics of the two fz1s on it. Lol

did u get the recessed d rings at HF as well?

No, I think I got those at Home Depot along with the tie-downs that have the locking hasp at both ends AND become their own soft-ties. ;) Check in the section with the tie-downs as they have a whole bunch of new items for this type of build.

Thats a really great looking setup. i like the locking box addition that could come in handy. I do feel I need to see some pics of the two fz1s on it. Lol
Great trailer,notice you don`t have anything to stop the rear wheels from slipping sideways,I guess this hasn`t been a problem.I have found on a long trip bikes have a habit of doing this

Great trailer,notice you don`t have anything to stop the rear wheels from slipping sideways,I guess this hasn`t been a problem.I have found on a long trip bikes have a habit of doing this

Now that you mentioned that I am definitely going to put two "runner" on each side of the rear wheel and mount them down to the trailer deck. The last time I brought the bike home without it, I made a turn that had a pothole in it and the bike did move sideways when one of the tie downs came loose. Had I had the runners installed, it would have stayed in place. Very good point!

Actually the pics are from the mock-up but yes, there is a recessed D-ring in the back and two more shackles on the sides in the back. What I do is hook the tie-down to the D, loop it once through the rear wheel then over to the shackle on the side and tighten it. They stay put. I'll have to get the two FZ1's up there and strapped in to show the whole setup complete. :D

Here's a couple of shot prior to leaving Joe's (Currently) house in TN. This is where we bought and mounted the box and shackles. In the back, you can barely make out tie-downs. At this point, I'd done two front and two rear ties.

The last pic is with the "actual" hauler, my Taco!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back