Clutch rebuild!

Hi guys.
I am the proud owner of a beautiful 2015 FZ1 and I love it!
But I have a problem with my baby at this time..... the clutch is Ftup.
My local dealer is asking $1360 for a rebuild.
Does this sounds right? Anybody has got a clutch rebuild done??? I live in FL, near Orlando....

Attachments

• clutchFZ2.jpg
    clutchFZ2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
  • clutchFZ4.jpg
    clutchFZ4.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 14
  • clutchFZ5.jpg
    clutchFZ5.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 14
  • clutchFZ3.jpg
    clutchFZ3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
I like how you said asking. That price to me is nuts, but then again i do all my maint work. A quick search found 'yamaha' clutch kit on ebay for $145. Theres also a barnett kit for 310 but i prefer to stick with oe clutch's.

Buyer beware if buying name brand stuff on ebay, the chinese have had to become experts on faking oe packaging.

Hi guys , sorry for the delay follow-up.
Sooh... I decided to have the dealer do the work using Yamaha original parts for $1000.
They don't know what caused the sludge and I don't know either! I had replaced the oil and filter only two days before I dropped of the bike there. Very strange! The oil that come out when I did the change was very dirty blackish but I did not see any sludge in there!
I am thinking that they wanted to make some more money by telling me that they were going to flush the motor a couple of times with fresh oil... for about $300. I will check the oil myself when I get my baby back!

I should have done the job it myself... can't trust this people anymore. Hopefully they will do a good job at list!

Back