Clock & Trip Odometer no memory...

fazer1sniper

Ok, I traced all my wires. Double checked all connections. No luck. Every time I shut down my '04 Skunk I loose time and trip odo..... I'm stuck with dial up do downloading the manual is not an option right now. Anybody out there with a gen1 wiring diagram help a brother out and tell me what color wire I'm looking for? Thanks in advance.

First question would be: what changed? Did you modify your bike by installing a Power Commander, aftermarket turn indicators, etc? If so, go back through the installation process and see if anything was done, possibly incorrectly.

On a separate note, I have owned two European motorcycles. A 2007 Triumph Tiger and a 2008 BMW R1200RT. If you were to use the kill switch on the right side handlebar, to turn off the motor, you would loose all memory of the trip computer. WTF is up with that? Frickin Europeans!

In your case I would look into why you are loosing all the voltage to the speedo head when you turn off the ignition key switch. If you loose all voltage to the speedo head it’s like disconnecting the battery, all memory may be lost also.

This is similar to watches, VCR’s, microwave ovens, etc. You remember those days of when the VCR was flashing when the power went out.

My 2 sense,
Steve

Back