Cleaning of filter air K&N

jskf16

www.fazerclub.gr
FOLLOW the ALL DIRECTIVES of SAFETY ON the DETERGENT of FILTERS of AIR K&N THAT IS ENTERED IN THE BOTTLE.

Spray with cleaning K&N and the two sides of filter air until is irrigated completely the filter.

A. You first apply the detergent in the clean side of filter.

B. You afterwards apply in his dirty side. Leave also the detergent in the two sides of filter air for 10 thinly in order to it softens the filth. Do not leave the detergent to dry out on t o filter!

ATTENTION: THE USE OF ANY OTHER SOLUTION OR METHOD OF CLEANING COULD HARM THE FILTER!

2. RINSE (YOU SEE THE FORM).
The filter with cool water of low pressure. Leave the gravity [xeplynei] the filth from the filter air throwing water in the clean side of filter on the length of aspects. Continue rinsing the filter until [otoy] are removed completely the filth and the detergent above the filter. If the filter is exceptionally dirty it can be essential are repeated steps 1 and 2. If exists filth that remains in the filter, you spray each point separately with the detergent, you leave little to act and you repeat the step .

3.DRY

Afterwards the rinsing, you shake softly the filter in order to it is removed from on his water and you leave the filter to dry out naturally in part cool. Do not advance in the step of fertilization until the filter he is absolutely dry.

ATTENTION: USE ANY OF OTHER METHODS (THAT IS TO SAY COMPRESSED AIR AIR, DRIER STOVES, FIREARMS ARMS OF HEAT) COULD HARM THE FILTER.

4. HOW TO OIL IT

(YOU SEE THE FORM) Apply the special oil of filter air in the dirty side of filter only. This will allow a optical report of complete cover.

A. If you use bottle of compaction's K&N, you will compress the bead of bottle at length of “crown of” each aspect using the lip in the end of bottles of compactions as driver. Use the graduated strip of opinion in the bottle in order to you distribute the suitable sum of oil.

B. If you use the spray cleaning K&N, you spray smoothly the oil at length of “crown of” each aspect. Wait for 20 thinly it is absorbed the oil of internally filter. Inspect the clean side of filter for any regions that are lighter in the color. Spray on these regions in the dirty side of filter again. Continue the process until it exists a smooth red color in entire the surface the clean and dirty side of filter.

5.RE-INSTALLATION

Before it repositions the filter behind in the vehicle, you inspect well for any damage. Follow the all particular directives of installation that accompanied the filter air K&N.

Great tip! Butt a lot is lost(misunderstood) in translation.
For instance:
You afterwards apply in his dirty side. Continue the process until it exists a smooth red color.
USE ANY OF OTHER METHODS (THAT IS TO SAY COMPRESSED AIR AIR, DRIER STOVES, FIREARMS ARMS OF HEAT) COULD HARM THE FILTER.
Do not advance in the step of fertilization.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...:D:D:D:D

Great post jskf16, Might I add that the same products and process apply to the BMC filter as well.

thank you my friend , in translation i try to be better!!!;)..please if somewhere i may wrong help me too!! they is not my maternal language:D

about
FIREARMS i may wrong , i want to say ...:D machines which dry our hairs , i don't remember in English :D

do not fertilization= not oil the filter until dry

thank you , again!

Hey, I was just funnin'. It's a great post, and kinda cool to figure out.

"machines which dry our hairs , i don't remember in English"...
Hair dryer, or Blow dryer.
Keep the helpful post coming.;)

You did a fine job. Sometimes it's good for us English speaking folks to have to decipher broken english just like how non-english people have to decipher our terrible French, German, Spanish etc., etc. Motor on brother.

Great tip! Butt a lot is lost(misunderstood) in translation.
For instance:
You afterwards apply in his dirty side. Continue the process until it exists a smooth red color.
USE ANY OF OTHER METHODS (THAT IS TO SAY COMPRESSED AIR AIR, DRIER STOVES, [COLOR=\"Red\"]FIREARMS[/COLOR] ARMS OF HEAT) COULD HARM THE FILTER.
Do not advance in the step of fertilization.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...:D:D:D:D

Great post jskf16, Might I add that the same products and process apply to the BMC filter as well.

Sorry, but that there is funny!!!:)

But at the same time, it is important to clean and re-oil those K&N's every so often. I used to do a cleaning alot earlier than manufacturers specs, but thats just me. I figured that if I cleaned it at the start of every riding season, I'd be okay for the year. It's a "piece of mind" issue. I am now running a stock filter since having Ivan install the jet kit. I still however run the K&N in my car. Which reminds me, that it's probably time to clean it.

I've used them in cars before (don't know if there was improvement other than making the wallet lighter) but does the same hold true for a motorcycle?

...especially if you are thinking of re-jetting the carbs?

input/advice always appreciated!

a bit off topic from cleaning, but I tend to suffer from ADD....

BroHay

I've used them in cars before (don't know if there was improvement other than making the wallet lighter) but does the same hold true for a motorcycle?

...especially if you are thinking of re-jetting the carbs?

input/advice always appreciated!

a bit off topic from cleaning, but I tend to suffer from ADD....

BroHay

I think it all depends on who's jet kit your using. I know that with the kit that Ivan installed in my bike, you only use a stock filter. Some other kits allow you to use an aftermarket free-flowing filter.

Well, I know someone that is getting his bike back to stock to sell for he is hangin' up his helmet. Has an Ivan kit installed and is willing to do a carb swap + a bit of $$. Heck, port the intake boots and get the pod kit and I could be stylin' two K&N filters.

But is it worth it?

Thanks,
BroHay

there are mixed feelings on the pods... personally, I'm not a fan... too prone to get dirty... too much cleaning... too much crap getting sucked into the carbs.... I hate even thinking about riding in the rain with pods....

as far as the carb swap.... if you're going to take your carbs off... might as well put in the jet kit yourself... it's a good thing to learn... and not that hard with instructions... the hardest part is removing and re-installing the carbs... and you're going to do that either way... I'd personally rather do it myself to ensure that it was done right... and to my standards. .... my .02

But at the same time, it is important to clean and re-oil those K&N's every so often. I used to do a cleaning alot earlier than manufacturers specs, but thats just me. I figured that if I cleaned it at the start of every riding season, I'd be okay for the year. It's a \"piece of mind\" issue. I am now running a stock filter since having Ivan install the jet kit. I still however run the K&N in my car. Which reminds me, that it's probably time to clean it.

Actually, you aren't supposed to clean the K&N filters too often because they work best when they are a bit dirty. A new K&N actually flows a little too well. As it begins filtering, it actually stacks the dirt particles in a certain fashion, and that allows it to both filter better and bring the flow characteristics to design spec.

What I do with mine is to soak the filter with water and dish washing soap and lightly brush with a soft bristle toothbrush, rinse with running water and air dry indoor. Before I reinstall the filter I mist it with wd40 and gently wipe the excess.

I did this because I find that knn charger kit are quite to expensive.

Back