centerstand rubber query

fz1uk

I meant to ask this a while ago but got sidetracked, now that I've fitted the stock exhaust Hail sent me I've noticed that there is no rubber dampner between the centerstand and the exhaust. I presume there is meant to be one in that space? Could someone let me know on a stock setup what is meant to be there to reduce the bang of the centerstand flicking up and hitting the exhaust (metal against metal) as you take the bike off the centerstand? Even better would be a pic of the rubber so I can either fashion something up thats the same thickness or ask the dealer to get me in the right thing.

Cheers

I meant to ask this a while ago but got sidetracked, now that I've fitted the stock exhaust Hail sent me I've noticed that there is no rubber dampner between the centerstand and the exhaust. I presume there is meant to be one in that space? Could someone let me know on a stock setup what is meant to be there to reduce the bang of the centerstand flicking up and hitting the exhaust (metal against metal) as you take the bike off the centerstand? Even better would be a pic of the rubber so I can either fashion something up thats the same thickness or ask the dealer to get me in the right thing.

Cheers

Sorry about that. I assumed you still had yours. When I got my after market exhaust I relocated it to that system. I have since removed the center stand all together since I have some lifts. I can see about mailing the stopper to you if you like.

Brad

Cheers Brad, I don't think I've ever had a stopper there since I bought the bike but kept forgetting to look into it as I normally only use the sidestand unless I'm doing any maintainence. If its cheap enough to throw in the post though then that'd be great! Otherwise I'll just see how much the dealer will charge for the stopper.

Jon

Yep got it today and popped it on - many thanks for that Brad! Should mean I use the center stand alot more now I know I don't have to worry about the clunk as the bike sets down.
Give me a shout when you're over here :)

Back