Carb cleaning w/ sonic cleaner

I've done some searching around and I see a lot of discussion on various forums about cleaning carbs with carb cleaner sprays, etc, or taking them in for professional cleaning. But has anyone used an ultrasonic cleaner to clean theirs with any success? I have a cleaner like this and I use it for small engine carb cleaning, so I don't see why these can't be cleaned the same way.

I ask because I have a float issue with carb 3 and since the bike has sat for 3 years with the same gas in it, I assume a good cleaning can't hurt. I was able to start and ride the bike today, but under 3k it runs really rough. Once you have it over 3k it smooths out considerably but still doesn't run right.

I have already checked spark and changed the plugs, all of which were in pretty good shape (no black ones) so I have to think the issue is new/caused by it being parked and wasn't around when the bike was last rode.

I don't see why not, as long as it will fit in your cleaner. I have heard of good results doing so. The last carb i cleaned was from an old tercel, and I put it in a big metal pail of carb cleaner. Nasty stuff.

Yessir I bought a little jewelry cleaner from harbor freight for snowmobile carbs etc works awesome, however it won't fit rack carbs you will need a bigger one. All I do for the ultrasonic is pull the float bowl and run the cleaner shouldn't need to remove jets or anything.

Thanks for the replies. I'm going for it. My sonic cleaner is big enough to fit the entire rack. When I use it to clean spent brass from my 45 I can fit around 900 in it below the water level

;-)

I checked with the stealer, and they charge $250 for this same service, but that includes getting them off the bike.

Back