Carb boots cracking

fzdrsv

Noticed the other day all my 2001 FZ1's rubber boots between the carb and head are cracked. Sprayed a little ether on them to see if leaking air in. The rpm did not rise. I am assuming I will have to replace before long. Has anyone been through this issue? Are there any choices besides OEM.
Thanks

I didn't realize they were so inexpensive. All four at Partshark for 25 bucks! I think I'm going to add this to my list of things to get. No doubt it will be handy to have them ready to replace if need be. I love Partshark!

Link: PartShark.com --- Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Apparel, & Merchandise.

PartShark is awesome. Ive ordered Yamaha and Kawasaki parts from them half a dozen times in the past two years. The price difference between them and my local dealer is unreal. I dont even waste my time with the local dealer anymore.

Noticed the other day all my 2001 FZ1's rubber boots between the carb and head are cracked. Sprayed a little ether on them to see if leaking air in. The rpm did not rise. I am assuming I will have to replace before long. Has anyone been through this issue? Are there any choices besides OEM.
Thanks

Impossible to replace. Looks like you'll have to get a Gen II. :jk:

They are cheap to replace. Check out parts 18 & 19 here: Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop Motorcycle Yamaha 2005 FZ1SC FZ1 INTAKE

Under $60 for all 8 pieces, cheaper of you only need the four parts. :D It is common for a bike that has seen a fair share of weather. But, once the new ones are on, treat them once in a while to a good rubber preserver, what ever your favorite might be from the auto store. :tup:

Parts 18 and 19? I'd vote for 1 and 2 instead.

Back