Bye bye FZ...I do miss you

Bye bye FZ...I do miss you

But it had to go, the final straw was changing work locations, twenty plus miles of undulating twisting quiet B roads....just great, fcuking great...but, I was pushing the limits all the time, accelerating out of the corners with the front wheel lifting up a wee bit in a few gears...horsing into corners and locking up the rear a bit while down changing...which sets up the corner for a better exit ...loved it, all the time.

The worrying thing is that I was not worried.

When it rained I would not take my old hack out, but I would still take the FZ, just for the fun of relativity low speed drifting.

All great fun, but not clever, and not to be encouraged...but that high revving almost physic piece of mechanical temptress would make me do it...I am male, I have no will power

So the FZ had to go.

You may ask “why post up now?”
Well while clearing out the garage I found some of the FZ parts that the first owner had swapped for some nice bling parts.

FZ1N...a great bike, I cannot think of a bad word to say about it

What parts?

http://www.998cc.org/forum/uk/17858-original-bits-sale-exhaust-levers-rear-sets-2008-fz1-n-abs.html

Original bits for sale, Exhaust, Levers and Rear sets for 2008 FZ1-N ABS

I traded in the bike last year, but the dealer did not want these parts:

Original Exhaust, Levers , Rearsets and the rear mud guard

All the bits have been used, but I would guess not for long as they are all in great condition.

I also have a Moto GP rear paddock stand which I don’t use, as all my bikes now have centre stands, and I am trying to stay clear of go fasted bikes for the sake of my licence and life

Currently located in Aberdeenshire, Scotland

Back