Buzzkill; how to get rid of handlebar buzz

I wear gloves, I installed 506 gram HVMP bar ends (stock are 301 grams), I have installed gel handgrips on stock FZ1 bar (Superbike Pro Grip 601s), I still have buzzing in left hand bar (throttle grip is OK). I have even pop riveted an old throttle to the left hand bar and installed a right hand (1") gel grip to get rid of the buzz. Now I can hear a godawful buzzing sound unless it is drowned out by spirited throttle application; I assume it is the plastic throttle on the left bar end. Any ideas? Has anyone tried Barsnake? Does installation of Rizoma bars help?

I replaced the bars & clamps with Rizoma bars & clamps & have never had an issue since. they look good too.

Attachments

• Rizoma.jpg
    Rizoma.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 383
I use "Great Stuff" spray insulation. About $7.00 a can at most hardware stores. Just take off a bar end and cover the other side with a cloth or something and then fill the bars. I do both sides and repeat the process until the bars are full. This works great! Just be careful on the throttle side as it can cause some sticking but that's easy to fix. Adds next to zero weight and really does make a difference in eliminating the dreaded BUZZZZZZZ.

I use "Great Stuff" spray insulation. About $7.00 a can at most hardware stores. Just take off a bar end and cover the other side with a cloth or something and then fill the bars. I do both sides and repeat the process until the bars are full. This works great! Just be careful on the throttle side as it can cause some sticking but that's easy to fix. Adds next to zero weight and really does make a difference in eliminating the dreaded BUZZZZZZZ.

That sounds like a great idea actually.

Anybody else done this?

That sounds like a great idea actually.

Anybody else done this?

I tried it, and got a huge mess. The insulation didn't set up; instead it returned to liquid. Was ultimately left with a thin crust of the insulation. Figured it was due to air supply inside the bars, or lack thereof. Oh, and there are holes drilled into the factory bars, to lock the switches in place. I had foam ballooning up out of my kill switch etc.

I ended up going with rizoma bars, and tapped them to receive the factory ends, as they are quite heavy already. I then pumped the bars full of latex caulking (homemade liquid barsnake).

Went from lots of buzz to nil.

I wear gloves, I installed 506 gram HVMP bar ends (stock are 301 grams), I have installed gel handgrips on stock FZ1 bar (Superbike Pro Grip 601s), I still have buzzing in left hand bar (throttle grip is OK). I have even pop riveted an old throttle to the left hand bar and installed a right hand (1") gel grip to get rid of the buzz. Now I can hear a godawful buzzing sound unless it is drowned out by spirited throttle application; I assume it is the plastic throttle on the left bar end. Any ideas? Has anyone tried Barsnake? Does installation of Rizoma bars help?

check solutions for MX bikes, such as those bars - Rox Anti-Vibration Elite 2" Pivot Risers for 1 1/8" Handlebars - RevZilla

or https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...ahUKEwj47NvAp6bRAhUG0GMKHVtYCLQQvhcIIg&adurl=

Back