Buddy gave me a slip on for my bike's 1st MOD!

It is a danmoto carbon GP. it has a few scratches on it but otherwise is in fair condition he said it is a fairly loud cheapo he got on amazon. I said "fairly loud is OK, THANKS!" (not sure what he has now but it sounds GREAT!)

installation is straight forward although the midpipe would not go on my collector. I went and borrowed a pipe expander and finally after lubing, wiggling, and tapping with a rubber mallet and a 2x4 got it on and luckily it was oriented correctly or no way I could turn it without a strap wrench once on. His is an 07 while mine is a 13. could my header be thicker? Anyway it is on.

Well I wondered why he just gave it to me but one does not look a gift horse in the mouth.

IT IS SO LOUD!!!!!!!!!! I rode for an hour last night and came home with a headache. Ordered the baffle from danmoto this morning. They say it will drop the dB by 4. I hope this is enough so I can enjoy my bike again without wearing earplugs.
I called my pal this morning and he laughed and said "Yeah, that is why I gave it to ya" and "told you it might be a bit loud for some"

I left the cat in the collector thank God. I am sure that helps a bit. also do not have a power commander. Bike ran good and sounds great, deep low tone at idle and a howl that would wake the dead up in the RPMs, just too loud. I did not notice too much different in the lower RPM without the exup and really nothing on the top end either. that is fine, this bike is so much faster than my old R6.

Will let y'all know how it goes with the baffle. (Is a Baffle same as a dB killer?)

If this does not work out I will ask him what he has and buy that one down the road.

It's dirty rode in the rain a bit and have not cleaned it.

Attachments

• 20170310_093038.jpg
    20170310_093038.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 55
Hey roundhouse,

I ran a Dan Moto for 12 months/25,000 k's
I liked it, but it was a bit wild in the high rpms.

I also burnt it out! (scorched the carbon fibre)

I have recently installed a Leo Vince and it's so much nicer, both to look at and the sound quality.
They sound the same at idle and low rpm, however the LV doesn't scream when the revs climb, just the same note only louder.

Also, the build quality is better with the LV muffler. I had to replace several rivets on the DM, they just fell out!

I've attached a couple of pics of both Dan Moto and LV.

Cheers,
Mac.

Attachments

• Dan Moto Burnt.jpg
    Dan Moto Burnt.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 47
  • FZ1 Dan Moto.jpg
    FZ1 Dan Moto.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 70
  • Mac fz1_1.jpg
    Mac fz1_1.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 50
  • FZ1n LV.jpg
    FZ1n LV.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 52
Thanks Mac, that is great information. hey for free I can live with it for a while. I put the baffle in it this afternoon. it is a bit quieter at idle. I think it will tame it at higher RPM too but I am sure the decrease in sound comes at a price. the inlet for the baffle is really small.

It takes less than 2 minutes to change it out. I will run it most of the time when I am commuting and take it out when I feel like winding it up a bit.

I am really digging the bike.

Back