Dustin

I just picked up a pair of these for the VFR after finding out Bridgestone was offering a sweet $70/pair rebate on them in October. They are getting on towards 7 years old now but Bridgestone keeps producing them and my set is from mid-2016.

I imagine these will only go on the bike come late spring but it will be fun to run a sport tire again on the VFR. I last did that over 50,000 km ago so it'll be a fun change of pace.

img_battlax_42.jpg

Since I have nothing better to do while dinner cooks, I thought I'd just make a thread in the correct sub-forum. I'm sure more than a few of you have used these over the years so feel free to throw some reviews my way!

I just picked up a pair of these for the VFR after finding out Bridgestone was offering a sweet $70/pair rebate on them in October. They are getting on towards 7 years old now but Bridgestone keeps producing them and my set is from mid-2016.

I imagine these will only go on the bike come late spring but it will be fun to run a sport tire again on the VFR. I last did that over 50,000 km ago so it'll be a fun change of pace.

img_battlax_42.jpg

Since I have nothing better to do while dinner cooks, I thought I'd just make a thread in the correct sub-forum. I'm sure more than a few of you have used these over the years so feel free to throw some reviews my way!
I ran a set of these about 3 sets of tyres ago.
I found them to have excellent grip although the centre wore a tad too quick for my liking.
They are good, sticky tyres so have fun.

My Pirelli Diablo Rosso III have 3500+ km on them now and have not flattened off across the middle - they have very even wear! Very happy with that. I should update that thread too I guess.

Allllllrighty...

I put these on about a month ago and now have 2 short trips with a pillion and a bit of commuting and short day rides, amounting to around 3200 km (~2000 miles). I really like these tires! They are a lot of fun and have loads of grip and good feedback. I'm impressed with how well they handle a passenger & full luggage but they will definitely not last long with that kind of load. If I had to guess, I'd say my rear tire is about halfway worn down the centre now so it looks like I'll be changing these out before summer is over.

With that Bridgestone $70 rebate, these things were a hell of a good value. I'd definitely run them again but I'm actually kind of curious how the much newer S21 would be!

Back