black smoke

viking1

I did the AIS block off mod couple weeks ago and only started the bike for a few secs to see if the popping was gone. Today when I went to run it a black smoke cloud puffed out of the pipe on start up and then the fumes were normal again.
Is it cause the AIS is blocked off now and without the fresh air coming in the raw fuel accumulates rather then burning off in the pipe.

I did the AIS block off mod couple weeks ago and only started the bike for a few secs to see if the popping was gone. Today when I went to run it a black smoke cloud puffed out of the pipe on start up and then the fumes were normal again.
Is it cause the AIS is blocked off now and without the fresh air coming in the raw fuel accumulates rather then burning off in the pipe.

I doubt it. Mine will do the same when it has sat around for weeks, especially in the Spring after it has been off all Winter. Don't think the AIS would do much at idle speeds anyway. Can't really explain it, but it could be a leaking injector that causes a temporary rich condition at start-up :confused0024:

Back