BEWARE! Do not buy from this AD!

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
FZ1 07 see pics Parts Parting Out

I have had a few emails with the kid. The nutshell version is that he gave cash for the bike and got a bill of sale and a promise for the title. It seems the seller took the money and did not pay for the bike, thus no title. Knowing he cannot get the title now without paying the lien, he wants to part it out to retrieve his money.

I politely informed him that he doesn't "own" the bike and parting it out without the title is illegal. I told him his only recourse is to get his money back and return the bike to the seller. He's not responded to that e-mail.

So, BUYER BEWARE! ;)

I wonder how he could resolve that issue? I would think if he is legit, he would pursue getting a title, makes me wonder if the bike is stolen.

I think he is just a younger guy who didn't know better and bought the bike without knowing the consequences then when he went to register it without the title, was shot down. But yes, it could be a cover story and it is stolen. He'd have to be a total fool though to put up pics of the bike as a whole.

What he should have done is disassembled the entire bike and just start advertising parts for sale without any story. I'd have bit on that if it was just a simple ad.

He can do one of two things. Go beat the kid and get his money back then return the bike or, find out who the lien holder is and work with them to pay off the bike and obtain the title.

Back