Best windshield?

thats the one.....its considered a v-stream though.

They don't list it under their V-Stream section and it's called a 'replacement screen' which is different from the Gen 2 FZ1 'V-Stream windscreen'. All of their V-Stream screens are called V-Stream screens in the description; I'm sure they would call it so if it was for our FZ1 because they can tack a few bucks more to the price tag that way.

Either way, it looks great and I think I will give it a try this year!

I"ve got two screens: a ZG touring and a Gee Bailey's (tallest/widest one they make). I put the baileys on the bike for a 3000+ trip for the extra 'wind protection' and while it protected more of my chest/shoulders, due to my sitting height (TALL!) it directed more air to my head. I'm back to the ZG Tour screen.

If anyone is interested, I'll sell the Baileys screen. If your sitting height is NORMAL (your NOT 6'4"+), the screen would be nice for long trips.

Windscreen

Yeah, I have the copperdawg (copperdawg.com). Seems to diminish turbulance. You will have to replace the mirrors with bar-ends or do without as screen covers the mirror mounts. Does give the bike a more aggressive look, too.

Yeah, I have the copperdawg (copperdawg.com). Seems to diminish turbulance. You will have to replace the mirrors with bar-ends or do without as screen covers the mirror mounts. Does give the bike a more aggressive look, too.

Copperdawg makes two different models. There is the option of keeping the stock mirrors as well.

Copperdawg makes two different models. There is the option of keeping the stock mirrors as well.

Here it is:
FZ1003-1.jpg

Big thumbs up to the National Cycle screen for the Gen I. Excellent windscreen, just fantastic at keeping you warm and it really reduces noises a lot :)

I just purchased a Puig racing shield and I have a 700 mile trip planned by the end of the month so I'll be able to tell you more. The OEM shield is just not enough for me, maybe good for the Summer though. The Puig is probably slightly maybe 1.5 to 2 inches. I'll take a pic for you. One of my concerns with a bigger screen is that too much drag must equal less gas mileage? Anyone disagree?

Puig 2006-2010 Yamaha FZ1 Racing Windscreen

BTW, I just realized this was a Gen I question and I have a Gen II.

Thanks for all the input in this thread. I think I am going to look at Ordering a Zero Gravity Sports Touring Windscreen. I think that should work great for me, I am only 5'10" so it should push most of the wind over my head, the current screen which I do not think is stock is way too small for my daily Freeway use.

One of my concerns with a bigger screen is that too much drag must equal less gas mileage? Anyone disagree?

I suppose a low screen and you prostrate on the gas tank will lower your Coefficient of Drag but I don't see it as a major issue as long as you are sitting up.

at 5'-6" this is a big nothing for me, the stock windshield is ok except sun damaged a bit

Well I think part of the answer depends on how tall you are (I'm 6'2"). Some windscreens are going to move the air higher, but may end up hitting you right in the face making things worse. When I bought my bike it had a taller touring screen that I didn't care for. I switched it out for the Zero Gravity DB screen and it was a small improvement, but still get some buffeting. I think something like the Copperdog or Magical Racing screen may be better for me. These are more angled back and not as upright. Don't have the funds right now to try out either one :( Attached are some pics of both screens I've had on my bike.

Back