Best price on pr3?

terdog

Time to start shopping for a new set.

Heres what Ive found today, anyone got anything better?
120/70-17 & 190/55-17

MOTOSPORT $148 & $213 $347 PAIR

MOTOMUMMY $137 & $183 $320 pr

BIKE BANDIT $139 & $200 $339 PR

STG $144 & $199 $343

REVZILLA $138 & $184 $322

RkyMTN $139 & $198 $337

PETE SBK $140 & $194 $334

MOTOMUMMY has it for now. You got anything better?

Last edited:
Try Chaparral on eBay, I have found them to be very competitive. I get all my tires from them typically

I ordered my PR3 from them at $311 shipped in June

My shop will give me $10 over their cost on each tire because they know they get $50 to mount them and put back on the bike. I think Revzilla is fairly close.

Terdog.

Get the Pilot Road 2, cheaper, sticks just as good as the 3 and lasts longer.

Motorcyclesuperstore.com 119.00 & 178.00 = 297.00 no tax from oregon

Been using them for years, very fast shipping.

Michelin Pilot Road 2 Rear Tire - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

I could not stand the Pilot Road 2's:hellno:. Never felt comfortable, had to do a lot of extra work to keep the bike upright because in lean it felt like the tire would let go. Heard stories of them just not giving good feedback and then letting go. Lean in was awful, 5-10 degrees ok, then all of a sudden lean to 30 degrees, which is a pain in the ass in the parking lot, saw one review refer to it being because the size of the hard compound they used in the middle not covering enough space and why the following model, PR3, they increased the middle hard compound section to help improve the lean in transition.

Really it depends on how you ride. I tend to push it a little too much on the street and feel better with the extra stick.

Also, take my comments with a grain of salt. I've only got 18,000 miles under my belt and have been on 3 tires. S-20s (loved them), PR2's (hated them, but they last forever), and PP3's (loved them but only good for about 5,000 miles and the last 1,000-2,000 are not the most confidence inspiring, almost got a little slippery at times).

I'm actually going to get the PR3's because I need them to last for 3-4 months while I get my new office up and going and can't plan for any extra expenses.

Terdog.

Get the Pilot Road 2, cheaper, sticks just as good as the 3 and lasts longer.

Motorcyclesuperstore.com 119.00 & 178.00 = 297.00 no tax from oregon

Been using them for years, very fast shipping.

Michelin Pilot Road 2 Rear Tire - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore
I found the pr3 stuck better and lasted as long as the pr2,I have just put on a set of pirelli GT`s they have great reviews, so will let you know what I think when I try them on a few twisties

I'm actually going to get the PR3's because I need them to last for 3-4 months while I get my new office up and going and can't plan for any extra expenses.

As far as I'm aware, the 2 and 3 share the same compounds and are generally the same tire minus the tread design

You may want to consider something else if you hated the PR2. Bridgestone T30 or Angel GT, perhaps

Last edited:
I buy a lot from Petes Superbike... Pete's Superbike -

Unbeatable prices on tires...

PILOT POWER 3 NEW FOR 2013! -

120/70/17---->109.95$
190/55/17---->171.95$

So its 281.90$ for the pair and that is in canadian dollars...

Shipping is superfast too...i have ordered stuff from him before late afternoon,and received it before noon the day after...

BTW...my first post here,fairly new at riding,and FZ1 owner for the past 2 1/2 months... I lurk a lot around here to learn about the bike and riding it and find you guys are a big help :cheers:

As far as I'm aware, the 2 and 3 share the same compounds and are generally the same tire minus the tread design

You may want to consider something else if you hated the PR2. Bridgestone T30 or Angel GT, perhaps

I heard the PR3 stuck better, from multiple sources, even knew a guy in Cali that ran it on his ZX-10R for street riding, and it was more than capable.

"The steering is noticeably different -- more neutral-feeling -- and much of the nervousness has been banished. The bike now carves confidently through the corners in a single, sweeping line, whereas before it always seemed to need some minor corrections for an oversteer condition." "The bike has gained a more solid feel; the tires have a glue-like stickiness that is also noticeably different from the Pilot Road 2 tires" WEBBIKEWORLD
Michelin Pilot Road 3 Review - webBikeWorld

It was this feeling that I hated about the PR2 and I'm hoping that it really as good as people have reviewed on the PR3.

View attachment 15664

I like the Battlax T30 but have been brand loyal to Michelin since I started buying tires.
Valentino Rossi rides the Bridgestone Battlax T30 - YouTube

I heard the PR3 stuck better, from multiple sources, even knew a guy in Cali that ran it on his ZX-10R for street riding, and it was more than capable.

And Doug here swears by the PR2 and is about 500x better of a rider than you.

So what is true? Who is right? Who knows... you'll have to think for yourself

Michelin has made no mention of major compound or construction changes between the 2 and 3 other than additional soft compound on the rear. So what could be different? I searched far and wide for information on the two vs the three and found very little. You'd think Michelin would be broadcasting these changes to bring sales, as they usually do. The advertising even touted eco-friendly non-aromatic rubber but no mention of more grip or feedback. Why not? Surely that's worth mentioning

That WebBikeWorld review is hardly a review, with a disclaimer of the writer comparing old, worn tires to new. Irrelevant, really. And unprofessional. And unobjective.

I love my PR3 but I still don't think you should use them. Why bother when you hated the previous version? That's an expensive thing to risk. If you're doing it simply because you're loyal to Michelin, screw that. Brand loyalty is bunk.

Try the T30!

Last edited:
That WebBikeWorld review is hardly a review, with a disclaimer of the writer comparing old, worn tires to new. Irrelevant, really. And unprofessional. And unobjective.

I love my PR3 but I still don't think you should use them. Why bother when you hated the previous version? That's an expensive thing to risk. If you're doing it simply because you're loyal to Michelin, screw that. Brand loyalty is bunk.

Try the T30!

"And this isn't just the "new tires always feel better" syndrome, because the set of Pilot Road 2 tires that these replaced only had about 1,500 miles on them, so it isn't like they were so worn out that any tire would feel like an improvement."

His PR2's were barely broke in for the WebBikeWorld Review.

To be honest you made mention in another thread when I was ragging on the PR2's and talking about the PP3's that I would be going through tires faster and I should try them all out because I have limited experience. At this point in the game I need something that will last me 8-10,000 miles or about 4 or 5 months. Still be decent to ride, maybe not as much fun but decent. The PR3's will cover my mileage requirement and I kind of just want to see if they really are better. Most people have said there is a noticeable improvement over the PR2's.

I may switch over to the T30 or back to a hypersport tire. I dunno. But my current situation the PR3 makes the most sense.

At this point in the game I need something that will last me 8-10,000 miles or about 4 or 5 months. Still be decent to ride, maybe not as much fun but decent.

man, there are no tires that will satisfy those criterias , maybe in a few years but at this moment nothing on the market will do.. you also ride in very hard environment (temps) for tires, on a liter bike and with a bit of extra weight...

another thing.. hypersport tires are priced a bit cheaper than sport-touring (at least in Europe) about 10-15% , ST's will not last 2x Hypersport ... so you don't pay per km so much extra riding hyper tires.

The original Dunlops lasted me 12k but the ride was sh*t! I have Pilot Powers on now... the ride is awesome but I'm 2500 miles into them and I'll be DAMNED lucky if I can squeeze another 1k before replacement.

And I will go with the PR3 set... and the rear will bump to the 55 over the 50. :D I found them on Amazon (Prime member shipping!) for $321.52 for the pair.

But my current situation the PR3 makes the most sense.

It doesn't make any sense at all! You hated the previous model so it makes sense to pay $300 for the follow up that isn't much different? How does that make sense? You LOVED your Bridgestone S20 and HATED the PR2 but makes sense to you to go with the PR3 and disregard the other great ST tires like the T30? The PR3 is clearly designed for wet weather performance and you live in THE DESERT.

There are lots of other choices in ST tires out there and a tire like the Angel GT or T30 is supposed to be better for dry roads & has been reviewed as such by professionals using objective data. That WebBikeWorld review is the worst review I've ever seen and cannot be taken seriously. It reads as if you wrote it and that hardly means anything compared to the thorough, professional shootouts available.

It doesn't make any sense at all! You hated the previous model so it makes sense to pay $300 for the follow up that isn't much different? How does that make sense? You LOVED your Bridgestone S20 and HATED the PR2 but makes sense to you to go with the PR3 and disregard the other great ST tires like the T30? The PR3 is clearly designed for wet weather performance and you live in THE DESERT.

There are lots of other choices in ST tires out there and a tire like the Angel GT or T30 is supposed to be better for dry roads & has been reviewed as such by professionals using objective data. That WebBikeWorld review is the worst review I've ever seen and cannot be taken seriously. It reads as if you wrote it and that hardly means anything compared to the thorough, professional shootouts available.

Ok, it may not make sense to you, but it makes sense to me. I need the mileage right now and am willing to give up the confidence of greater lean angles and higher speeds. I will slow down a little with the ST tire. I will check out those other tires in the future. I'm putting in close to 2,000 miles a month, so I'm going through tires rather quick anyway. I want to see if what people said about the PR3 having better stick is true. I want to know so I can file away the experience in my mind. Also can't find any T30's available on the net right now anyway.

Just get Q3s and be done with it. At ~$250 a pair you can't go wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

My next step in my riding future is buying the tools and learning how to swap tires my self. Right now each time I need a new set of tires it's an additional $100 for the shop to remove wheels, mount and balance tires, and install. They do only charge me $10 over dealer cost for the tire it self so I get a good deal on that side of things. So I need to get a little more life out of my tires right now because I don't want to keep throwing the cash out there. Also, I'm probably going to be doing about 90% commuting in the next few months. No fun rides planned till around December

From what I understand the Q3's are a hypersport tire and will give about 4-6,000 miles or roughly the equivalent of the Pilot Power 3's that I loved. It sounds like the Q3's may out perform the PP3's with their new CF tech nad contact patch design.

Back