bar end mirrors

bunky

Hey folks...
Thinking about putting mirrors on the end of my bars. Have gotten tired of looking at my shoulders.
Has anyone done this and if so...how is it? Much vibration?
I know I could get mirror extensions instead (from twisted throttle), but wondered if bar ends were a better solution.
Any info is appreciated.

I had bar end mirrors on my 919 and liked them. The stock mirrors were mostly giving me a view of my shoulder as well. I went with modified OEM bar ends and the little round mirrors attached to them.

gage6a7y.jpg

This is the best photo I have on hand but it gives you an idea. Vibrations were minimal and you can see quite a lot with them. It does take some getting used to looking so far down to check your mirrors.

bar ends

i have used bar ends for many years on every bike i have had or do have the cheep ebay ones that bolt around the bars are good enough take care wayne

i used to use bar ends but got tired of not being able to make out what was behind me in em. i just scoot a little to the side and look through the stockers just fine

I have tried two types of bar-end mirrors. One that replaces the bar end weights, and one that just goes on the end of the stock weights with a longer bolt.

I am very satisfied with the second approach. They are cheap, sturdy, and you don't get extra vibration caused by the missing weights.

I'm not sure where you would find something like this in Canada, but here in Switzerland, these are very common and every motorcycle shop and dealer carries them - they seem to be the "standard" bar-end mirrors.

MOTACC Spiegel für Lenkergewicht (Stück) Arm | Polo-Motorrad

I got mine from the local Yamaha shop and they came with the correct length bolt for my fz1.

Thanks for the great info. I think the fuzzy mod is the way to go. But I just found an item that is basically an extender. I will look into this to see if this is feasible.
Cheers

Back