Bar End Anomoly

banzai

I was planning to fit a KAOKO cruise control thingy to my bike this weekend but it didn't go as planned. It seems that for some reason my bike doesn't have what are supposed to be standard bar end or fixtures. The KAOKO and the parts diagrams all indicate it should have some large diameter thread in the bars to fit the ends. My bar ends are secured by a 6mm bolt:
BarEnd%20Vs%20Kaoko_zpspf4prfb5.jpg

The parts diagrams (from Part Shark) also indicate the threaded bar end with no bolt.
BarEnd_zpsx0pgwgyj.jpg

Anyone else encountered this?

Yes mate, my FZ1N bars are the same as yours. There is a rubber insert in there with a 6mm thread. Previously it was only the FZ1N model that was like this, looks like it has carried over to the FZ1S as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5

It certainly isn't the one-off I was worried about. Took that KAOKO back to the importer. There is another listing for late FZs but no pics of what that one looks like. The importer has emailed the South African manufacturer for more info. We'll see what they come back with.

The importer was very friendly and helpful and has given me a refund. He is heading down to Philip Island for the Superbikes so if your down there, have a look for the Cruising Bikers stall.

It certainly isn't the one-off I was worried about. Took that KAOKO back to the importer. There is another listing for late FZs but no pics of what that one looks like. The importer has emailed the South African manufacturer for more info. We'll see what they come back with.

The importer was very friendly and helpful and has given me a refund. He is heading down to Philip Island for the Superbikes so if your down there, have a look for the Cruising Bikers stall.

You probably need the kit for the FZ1N (if they make it, I didn't see one on their website) as you have the same bars as one. Other than that you could probably use the 2004+ R1 model.

KAOKO

Good luck with it. Let us know how you got on.

Last edited:
Back