Back to Basics: Don't Call Them Standards

Glad to see Suzuki back into the fray too. That brings in all four Japanese companies.

Yamaha: FZ1 and FZ8
Kawasaki: Z1000 and Ninja 1000
Honda: CB1000R
Suzuki: Bandit 1250

That's a nice selection of bikes to pick from. All have good points, and I'm sure are all very close in real world fun and performance. Competition is good.

There's a local dealer (Honda/Suzuki) that has a 2002 Bandit 1200 for sale. It has 16,500 on the clock and they want $3,800 for it. That seems a bit steep to me, but it still looks like a nice bike. I have no intention of getting rid of my FZ1, but I'd like to ride it, just for comparison. Sorry for the add, but they were smart and put their phone number in the picture. I don't mean to :spam1: I get nothing from them if they sell it, I was just to lazy to crop their picture. If any mods want to crop it, feel free!

VP1945321_4_large.jpg

Last edited:
$3,800 is about a grand high but being a dealer... early 02`s had piston issues . yes, my last bike was a Bandit, taken from me in the prime of it`s life . murdered by one of these :shaking head:

Snofrog.... ugg man, that sucks!

I'm glad to see the Honda offering, I never thought the 919 was "enough", they sort of lacked a little something to me. What I would have loved to have seen was a naked from them using the RC51 motor, so we would have a Japanese counterpart to the Tuono.

I hope the next Fz1, if such a thing ever happens, ends up with the cross-plane motor. I have ridden with guys that have the current R1 and the grunt that motor makes is crazy, so much forward motion for such little effort. they sound fantastic too.

Back