Awaiting delivery of my 06 Fz1 what mods should i look at?

I agree with va_rider on this one. No tapping needed for the Gen II bikes. Personally I would go with either the Graves or Ivan's kit.

yeah i guess i was confused because when i called ivan they said the kit came with the tap.

so what's the difference from tpo vs holeshot then?

thanks,
sid

from what I can find on eBay... TPO doesn't make one either... they just make one for Gen 1...

The Gen II uses plates... the Gen 1 has ports made into the header which you either tap and put a bolt in (Ivan) or fill with hi-temp sealant and cap off (Everyone Else)

The Gen II has 2 plates on top of the head... but... the majority of Gen II folks just block off the AIS... they don't completely remove it... and if you just block it off, you don't have to buy anything special from any parts supplier... just a marble.. some sealant.. maybe a few zip ties....

However... if you are looking to burn some money... I can send you my address and a list of things I want..

from what I can find on eBay... TPO doesn't make one either... they just make one for Gen 1...

The Gen II uses plates... the Gen 1 has ports made into the header which you either tap and put a bolt in (Ivan) or fill with hi-temp sealant and cap off (Everyone Else)

The Gen II has 2 plates on top of the head... but... the majority of Gen II folks just block off the AIS... they don't completely remove it... and if you just block it off, you don't have to buy anything special from any parts supplier... just a marble.. some sealant.. maybe a few zip ties....

However... if you are looking to burn some money... I can send you my address and a list of things I want..

thanks VA!

i posted the same thread on the other forum and got banned because of an ebay link i used.... PITA.

the plates are pretty though... So u guys using the marble method do u still disconnect the solenoid?

I bet the easiest answer would be if anyone knew if the solenoid natural state is closed. if it is then all u would have to do is disconnect the power and no marble would be needed and u won't have to worry about anything being sucked in either....

thanks,
sid

IT'S HERE!!!!

i put my frame sliders on. It came with rear fender delete and upgraded LED tail lights. Only problem i had was showing off the lights and the bike wouldn't start.

One thing i notice is in between shifts the bike bucks in between shifts until u give her more throttle. is that what the FCE get rids of? She's not as comfy as a gen 1 but she has the look and power i was wanting.

Thanks,
Sid

Back