Avon Storms

I don't know if any of you guys have tried them but I have been running Storms on my bikes for the last 5 years.First on my 05 Warrior which saw mostly 2 up riding with plenty of trips to the Gap never once did they slide or do anything unexpected and i was leaning far enuff to grind the frame.I decided to try them on the Fz and have the same results I love them riding on the Dragon and scraping peg they have never pulled any funny stuff.wet traction is awesome and I get about 5-6k on the rear.Another plus to the Avons is the factory road hazard warranty which I don't think anyone else offers

I had a set of Storms on my Triumph. Put 7K miles on them and they showed almost no wear. They never did anything that scared me. A couple of months after buying them, I ran over a large nail with the rear tire. Avon shipped a replacement to me for FREE, even paid for me to ship them the damaged one.

Question...I have storms front/back on my 2002 FZ1. I bought the back with them on and not sure how many miles are on them I'm thinking the rear is within 1000mi to a new one.

Recommendations on the Storm 2? Also how much I should expect to pay for them? Where are they in the quality bracket. low end, middle, high?

Thanks.

I think the Ultra storms are gonna run ya about 350 shipped.I usually get my tires from Motorcycle Parts, Discount Motorcycle Tires, Motorcycle Gear, & Motorcycle Accessories | Jake Wilson or Atv Snow Plows, Motorcycle Tires, Avon, Michelin, Dunlop, Joe Rocket quality of the Storms are excellent in my opinion and they are the only tire that offers the manufacturer road hazard warranty.You wont be dissapointed.They are an excellent all around tire

Thanks for the info. How does the road hazard warranty work? Of course it would be nice to have the tire last a long time but my concerns are with the tire sticking very well so it doesn't lose traction and then lose me. ;)

you are not gonna have any traction problems,I have run my front tire right to the edge and a bit of peg dragging and never had a problem.The road hazard works just like any other and is on a pro rated basis.as long as you are not a professional racer this tire will be fine.alot of guys are running stuff that is plain and simple overkill for thier abilities these are awesome tires just really expensive. I actually just put on some Conti RA2's and like them so far.first time in 5 years my bikes have not had Storms on them

I had avons on my duc that I had. Pretty good tire. I dropped the bike on em but that was my fault. Tires were cold. Anyway they never let me down when warmed up properly.

I personally find that the only people who dont like avons havent used em.

Old thread, but gotta give a good report on my avon's so far. I got them mounted earlier this year, and now with about 3500 miles they still look good,,, many more miles left on them.

FWIW: I got 6000 out of the OEM tires (Down to the threads on the rear tire),, and I got about 8K out of a set of Metz Z8's. When I eventually get to the wear markers on the Avons, I'll probably do a new thread on them. But for now, they have not disappointed me in any way,,, with this kind of mileage, they are definitely worth the extra few bucks over others in the ST category.

Last edited:
OOOPS!!! Bad math

Not sure how I added up the miles wrong in my previous post (now edited) but, the fact is, I have 8000 miles on my Avons and they are done, and riding on the TWI's.

Great handling tire, loved the turn-in, but since most of my miles are commuting, that's just not enough miles for the $$$. I'm thinking of trying PR III's.

Last edited:
storm

I just mounted the avon azaro on the re ar and the storm 2on the front of my 1983 cb1100f. Here loads of good things about them....can't wait till spring to try them out

Last edited:
Back