Autumn in Aspen, Colorado

Took off a few days to go up to Aspen to see if we could catch some color this year. We decided to take a car this time because of sketchy weather reports. Left Colorado Springs on the 22nd under cloudy skies. By the time we stopped for lunch, it had already started to rain.....first time I was glad to be in a car and not on the bike!
At the base of Independence Pass the rain cloud seem to be waiting for anyone who dare enter into it.
On Thursday, the day started out a bit cloudy & drizzly. But because of those clouds, I think I got some very interesting pics.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed going there to take them!

Last edited:
From Aspen we headed on to Rocky Mountain National Park, there was not alot of color to see there, but it's still pretty. The elk are starting their mating season, so they are all over. The pics didn't come out too clear..but it's not easy to take them from a moving vehicle.
On our way home, just outside of Estes Park, CO., there's this little chapel called St. Malo's, I wish I could have gotten inside for a few pics, but a wedding was about to begin.

I did not think Michele would make the whole trip on Saturday so I left the cameras at home figuring we'd turn back... but, she DID make it and we saw some awesome colors and I kicked myself... I just hope that next weekend will not be too late!

I'll do my best!

The only shot and before we got to the mountains...

A pic of Michele relaxing on a stop on Rte 5 in western Maine before we headed for the white mountains in NH. This is all I caught...

attachment.php

So happy to hear she's recovering so fast!
And you should NEVER leave home without a camera :spank2: tisk tisk Eric!
Even if they aren't as spectacular, I'm sure they will be picture worthy! And WTH you'll enjoy the ride anyway, right?

She is such a trooper! I kept after her all day asking if she was OK to continue and she never backed down. Of course, she was wiped out for all of Sunday! ;)

I'll try and get her up to the mountains this weekend but we'll take the direct route! Pics to follow!

Back