Anyone Struggling to Sell Their FZ1?

Timp

Hi All,

I was wondering if I've gone mad or if the Fazer is not a desirable bike anymore.

I've (very) reluctantly been trying to sell my 2009 FZ1 Fazer that has a lot of extras: top box, gps mount, tank pad etc etc. It's got very low mileage at 4,900, garaged, amazing condition but yet no interested parties. Oh yeah and the price has been reduced to £4,600.

I need a new boiler and new car hence the reason for the sale but can't believe I have had no response.

Any thoughts welcome as I am almost giving my bike away at this rate and have lost good cash from the original purchase.

Thanks,

Tim

How long have you been trying to sell it? In the states this is a bad time of year to sell typically. Bu July most people already have bought their toys for the season. It always picks back up in February and March here.

Ha ha, I hear you about keeping my bike.

I did try selling early in the season and have tried a few sites in the UK (MCN - currently advertised), Gumtree, Autotrader, e-bay.

Let's see...

Like most, tough time money-wise....

would love to pick up an FZ1, but for now, just lurking around, seeing what mods are out there, what problems pop up, etc...

If I had spare cash, I'd pick up an FZ1 as my second ride right now, but so far, not much spare cash.

The Gen 2 is now in it's SEVENTH year of production .... it's very long in the tooth and overshadowed by newer stuff from other manufacturers. It's a good bike, but not a great bike without a lot of upgrades and fiddling. Most dealers don't even have one on their new showroom floor, it's pretty much an orphan. That carries over to the used market.

Payed off the 6R earlier this year and spend a fair amount for the big ride. Now and back to even (CCard :( ) So I will be trying to pile some $$$ in a hope of finding a good deal later on this year or next year. Wife's school go first! Most than likely I'll buy used. Like some of you said, the FZ1 is a sweet ride but is way overdue to a upgrade. Even if I'm bias for a Yamaha... there's a lot of nice ride out there these days.

Back